Mira Nair Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Mira Nair
|Famous For||Producing Cross-Culture Films On Social Issues
|Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1957
|Age (as in 2017)||60 Years
|Birthplace||Rourkela, Odisha, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra
|Hometown||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Loreto Convent, Shimla
|Educational Qualification||B. A. (Socialogy)
|Debut||Film- Salaam Bombay (1988)
|Hobbies||Writing Poetries, Acting, Painting, Gardening
|Awards/Honours/Achievements ||• Blue Ribbon Award at American Film Festival for India Cabaret (1986)
• Audience Award at Cannes Film Festival for Salaam Bombay! (1988)
• Golden Camera Award at Cannes Film Festival for Salaam Bombay! (1988)
• National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi for Salaam Bombay! (1988)
• New Generation Award at Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards (1988)
• Best Director (Foreign Film) at Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists for Mississippi Masala (1992)
• Asian Media Award at Asian American International Film Festival (1992)
• Independent Spirit Award for Best Feature for Mississippi Masala (1993)
• Golden Lion (Best Film) at Venice Film Festival for Monsoon Wedding (2001)
• Special Award for International Cinema at Zee Cine Awards for Monsoon Wedding (2002)
• UNESCO Award at Venice Film Festival for 11'9"01 (2002)
• Faith Hubley Web of Life Award at Rochester High Falls International Film Festival (2004)
• India Abroad Person of the Year (2000)
• Padma Bhushan (2012)
|Controversy||Her film Kama Sutra (1996) was banned by the censor board of India because the movie was full of homosexual and heterosexual scenes.
|Boys, Affairs and More
|Husbands/Spouses||First Husband- Mitch Epstein
Second husband- Mahmood Mamdani
|Parents||Father- Amrit Nair (Civil Servent)
Mother- Parveen Nair (Social Worker)
|Siblings||Brother- Vicky Nair
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mira Nair
- Does Mira Nair smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mira Nair drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Mira Nair was born in a humble family background in Odisha. She was the youngest of three siblings but was the leader of the family.
- She was a bright student at her studies and for the same, she received a full scholarship from Harvard University.
- She started her career, producing documentaries on social issues in India.
- In 1979, she launched her first documentary film titled Jama Masjid Street, which was featured on the life of Muslims in Delhi.
- She made her debut as a film producer in 1988 with the box office hit movie, Salaam Bombay. The movie won 25 plus awards and nominated for Best Foreign Language Film award at Oscars.
- She does charity for street children in India through the Salaam Balak foundation which she founded after the success of her debut movie Salaam Bombay in 1988.
- She runs a film production house under the banner name of the Mirabai Films.
- She was the member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1990 and Berlin International Film Festival in 2002.
- Her movie Monsoon wedding won several awards despite losing the one-hour video footage of the film.
- In 2004, when she was busy on the pre-production of The Namesake, she was offered to direct Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as well as the Twilight series, but she refused to direct.
- In 2012, when her father expired, she launched the film The Reluctant Fundamentalist and dedicated it to her father Amrit Nair.
- She was honoured with the third highest civilian honour in India, the Padma Bhushan by the President of India in 2012.
- She won several awards and honours for her meaningful and inspirational documentaries and films.
- She is very well-known for her cross-culture documentary films such as Jama Masjid Street, So Far From India, Children of a Desired Sex, India Cabaret, Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love Story, which revealed the ground reality of Indian society.
- Apart from producing such great films, she has worked as a professor in the School of Arts and Films at Colombia University.
- She established a school named Maisha for providing financial support and training to young and rising screenwriters in India and East Africa.
- She cast non-actors from the Katwe for a real-life based film Queen of Katwe (2016).
- Her best films and documentaries include India Cabret, So Far From India, Salaam Bombay, The Namesake, Mississippi Masala, Monsoon Wedding, Vanity Fair, Queen Of Katwe.
- Jenny Nicholson Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
- Sarika Singh (BBC News Anchor) Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Ben Zorn Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wife, Biography & More
- Ishaan Khattar Workout And Diet Routine
- Radhika Kumaraswamy Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Amruta Deshmukh Height, Weight, Age, Family, Biography & More
- Yuvraj Hans Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
- Daren Sammy (Cricketer) Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More