Ram Sampath (Sona Mohapatra’s Husband) Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 43 Years
Wife: Sona Mohapatra
|Profession(s)||Musician, Music Composer, Music Producer|
|Famous For||Being the husband of the singer and music composer Sona Mohapatra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Let's Talk (2002)
Album: Loveology (1996)
TV (As a Jury Member): MTV Rock On: Season 1 (2009)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Best Background Score of the Year’ for the film “Delhi Belly” (2011)
• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Indie Pop Song of the Year’ for the TV show “Satyamev Jayate” (2012)
|Date of Birth||25 July 1977 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||R. A. Podar College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Commerce Wikipedia|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading Books|
|Controversy||In 2008, the makers of the film Krazzy 4 (2008) copied the hook phrases of an advertisement of Sony Ericsson, which was composed by Sampath. A suit was filed in the Bombay High Court by Sampath and the court held that two songs including the title track were plagiarised. The court ordered a stay on the film's release. Later, the case was settled outside the court and sampath received an amount of Rs. 2 million for it. Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sona Mohapatra (Singer)
|Marriage Date||16 January 2005|
|Parent(s)||Father: Sampath Ramanujam
Mother: Asha Acharia
Sister- Mona Sampath Khan (Choreographer)
|Badminton Player||P. V. Sindhu|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram Sampath
- Ram Sampath is an Indian musician, music composer, and music producer who is well known for being the husband of the Indian singer Sona Mohapatra.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Chembur, Bombay.
- Sampath was inclined towards Carnatic music from a very young age. In childhood, he learned Carnatic music for around eight years.
- When Sampath was just two years old, his parents gifted him an LP player. At that time, he used to climb up his LP and start playing it.
- He started composing music at the age of eight.
- By the age of 12, Sampath decided to become a music composer.
- While in college Sampath joined a rock band and used to play the Keyboard.
- At the age of 16, Sampath started visiting music studios and looking for opportunities to compose music.
- In 1994, he received an opportunity to compose music for Femina Miss India 1994.
- His father is a Tamilian and his mother is a Kannadiga. Both of them were inclined towards music in their young age. Wikipedia
- Ram got introduced to Sona Mohapatra in 2002 by the film director Ram Madhvani. At that time, Sona was working as a brand manager at Marico Limited, a consumer goods company.
- Sampath started his career as a music composer and has composed many jingles for TV advertisements over the years.
- Some of the TV commercials for which he has worked include Airtel, Docomo, Thums Up, Pepsi, and The Times of India.
- He has even composed music for many well-known films like “Let’s Talk” (2002), “Khakee” (2004), “Luv Ka The End” (2011), and “Delhi Belly” (2011). Sampath gained immense popularity after composing the music of the song ‘Bhaag D.K. Bose’ from the film “Delhi Belly” (2011).
- In 2008, he composed the Indian version of the songs “God’s Top Ten,” “Devil’s Party,” and “Afterglow” in collaboration with the Australian rock band INXS.
- He has also worked for many TV shows like “Baat Ban Jaaye” (1998), “Satyamev Jayate” (2012), and “MTV Coke Studio” (2013 & 2015). He has also performed on many stage shows.
- His grandfather, T. V. Ramanujam, was one of the founders of Shanmukhananda Hall, a cultural centre in Sion, Mumbai.
- While sharing about her husband being targeted by ‘illitrate self-important gang,’ Sona Mohapatra in July 2020 tweeted,
This ‘illiterate self-important’ gang works against any genuine,classy,dignified,talented creative professional.Felt heartbroken seeing Ram Sampath go through hell,worse,finally plug out of this toxic biotope 3 years ago.The final straw was #Raees .Took him 2yrs to recover post.”