|Genre||Indian Pop, Bollywood|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (Semi-Bald)
|Date of Birth||11 March 1966|
|Age (as of 2021)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Nahan, Sirmaur district, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Nahan, Sirmaur district, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||St. Xavier's School, Delhi|
|College/University||Dharamsala College, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduated with a Master of Science in Geology from the Dharamsala College in Himachal Pradesh|
|Debut||Indi-Pop: Song- Dooba Dooba of the Album- Boondein in 1998 (of the Band Silk Route)
Bollywood: Song- Pehli Nazar Mein Dari Thi in the film Road (2002)
|Family||Father- B.K. Rana
Mother- Krishna Rana
Brother- Rohit Chauhan (Himachal Administrative Service Officer)
Sister- Parul Chandel
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing the Guitar
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||29 June 2012|
|Marriage Place||At a hotel in Barog, Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|Wife||Prarthna Gehlot, Journalist & Poetess (m. 2012)
|Children||Daughter- Not Known
Son- Not Known
|Salary||5-7 lakhs/song (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohit Chauhan
- Does Mohit Chauhan Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to a Rajput family in a small town, Nahan, in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh (a hill state in India).
- He developed an interest in music during his childhood.
- He never received formal training in music.
- Apart from singing, he also plays guitar and flute very well.
- While studying in college, his interest grew in music, and he formed his first music band The Hijackers.
- He came from Himachal Pradesh to Delhi in 1993 where he formed a band- Silk Route along with Arpit Gupta.
- He tasted his first success after his song- Dooba Dooba from the band Silk Route‘s album- Boondein.
- His first Bollywood song is Pehli Nazar Mein Dari Thi from the Hindi film- Road (2002).
- He met A. R. Rahman at an award function in Delhi where Rahman desired to work along with him and told him that he would give him a call soon. However, it took 5 years for Rahman to call him.
- Rahman gave him a chance to sing in the movie Rang de Basanti (2006) in which he sang Khoon Chala. The song proved to be the first success of Mohit in Bollywood.
- Mohit Chauhan became a household name after the song- Tum Se Hi from the film Jab We Met (2007).
- He has also sung in Bengali and Tamil films. His first Bengali song is for the movie- Sedin Dekha Hoyechilo, and his first Tamil song is- Po Nee Po from the film 3 with Anirudh.
- He also sang in a Himachali film- Saanjh (2016).
- Apart from playback singing, he has also sung many jingles for products including Nescafe, Wheel (detergent), Parachute, Maruti Suzuki Alto, etc.
- He has received Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer twice for the songs- Masakali from Delhi-6 (2010) and Jo Bhi Main from Rockstar (2012).
- He is a very reserved person and keeps himself away from the media glitz.
- He loves the mountains and often snatches out time to visit his hometown in Himachal Pradesh to spend some time in the lap of nature.
- Mohit Chauhan is an ardent animal lover and has a pet dog named “Ginger.”
Hey guys! How have you been? The weather is hot and humid these days. So continue giving water and food to community animals. Do remember… Rains don't help our four-legged friends too much with all those water-borne diseases causing stomach infections and food rotting sooner than usual. So do ensure that you keep clean water and food every day for our community animals. Like I've said before… Compassion goes a long way in defining our lives! Here's a new message from my pet Ginger and I… Happiness surely is a four-legged being! #Kindnesscounts #onekindact #goodkarma #loveanimals
Mohit Chauhan ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಬುಧವಾರ, ಜುಲೈ 19, 2017