|Real Name||Kedarnath Bhattacharya|
|Other Name||Kumar Sanu
|Profession(s)||Singer, Music Director and Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 84 kg
in Pounds- 185 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 36 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||20 October 1957|
|Age (as in 2018)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|College||Calcutta University, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Singing: Tin Kanya (1986)
|Family||Father- Pashupati Bhattacharya
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Tapan Bhattacharya
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||According to a report in Filmfare magazine of 1994, his Ex-wife Rita considered actress Meenakshi Seshadri as the reason behind their divorce.
|Favourite Food||Fish and chole bhature|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Musician||Kishore Kumar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Girlfriend||Meenakshi Seshadri (Actress) Bollywood Shaadis
|Wife||Rita (Divored in 1994)
|Children||Daughter- Anna and Shannon K (Singer)
Son- Jaan (Jico)
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kumar Sanu
- Does Kumar Sanu smoke?: No
- Does Kumar Sanu drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sanu used to play music instrument in his early days.
- He struggled in the music industry for 7 years and finally, in 1987, Jagjit Singh gave him an opportunity to sing in the Hindi film Aandhiyan.
- He holds the Guinness Book of World Records for recording 28 songs in a day.
- Some of his family members had done classical music training, but Sanu didn’t take any such training.
- He had never worked with A.R.Rahman, as he didn’t like his way of music recordings at night.
- His father worked as a music composer in local plays.
- In his childhood, people used to call him Chhaanu which he later used as Sanu.
- He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- When he came to the Bollywood music industry, his name Sanu was written as Shanu, which he later rectified.
- He is a huge fan of Brazil football team, he even named his elder son as Jico after the Brazilian footballer Jico.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡
References/Sources: [ + ]