Some Lesser Known Facts About Bappi Lahiri
- Does Bappi Lahiri smoke?: No
- Does Bappi Lahiri drink alcohol?: No
- Bappi was so fond of music, that he started playing tabla at the age of 3.
- In 1973, he got his first break as a music director in the film “Nanha Shikari”, but achieved success in 1975 with film “Zakhmee.”
- He made the impossible, possible by composing a song “Nothing Is Impossible” from film “Zakhmee” which was sung by Mohammed Rafi and Kishore Kumar together.
- He is known for his gold jewelry, and has around 1.5 kgs of gold and owns 4 bodyguards to save his gold ornaments.
- In 1996, he invited Michael Jackson in his first live show in Mumbai.
- He contested in 2014’s general election as BJP candidate from Srirampur in West Bengal but was on the losing side.
- He has a record of making music for 12 super-hit silver jubilee film from 1983 to 85.
- He made guest appearance in films like “Badhti Ka Naam Dadhi”, “Kalakaar”, “Bomb Blast”,”Dharma Karma”, “Main Hoon Qatil Jaadugarni, “Om Shanti Om”, “Main Aurr Mrs Khanna”, etc.
- He provided the breakthrough for actor Akshay Kumar as a hero in the film “Khiladi.”
- He co-judged the popular singing reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs” on Zee TV in 2006, “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge” in 2007 and “‘K For Kishore” on Sony TV.
- In 2008, he gave the music for Shah Rukh Khan’s “Kolkata Knight Riders” team in the Indian Premier League.
- Legendary singer Kishore Kumar was his maternal uncle.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡