Age: 32 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Political Journey||• Joined Indian National Congress
• Served as General Secretary, Punjab Youth Congress
• Served as Wing In-charge of Bathinda parliamentary constituency
• Became Vice President Punjab Youth Congress in 2021
• Contested and lost 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly elections from Patiala Rural constituency
• Became President of Punjab Youth Congress on 24 August 2023
|Date of Birth||1 October 1991 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 Years|
|College/University||Punjabi University, Patiala|
|Educational Qualification||BA LLB (2014) MyNeta|
|Caste||Mohit Mohindra belongs to a Hindu family of the Sood community. FirstPost|
|Address||House No. 6, The Upper Maal Patiala, Punjab|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||December 2022|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Parents||Father- Brahm Mohindra (politician)
Mother- Harpreet Mohindra
|Siblings||Brother- Baksh Mohindra (advocate) (image in Parents section)|
|Car Collection||Endeavour 3.2 Titanium|
• Cash: Rs 1,28,000
• Deposits in Banks: Rs 21,99,653
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs 6,40,698
• NSS, Postal Savings: Rs 3,76,095
• Personal loans/advance given: Rs 1,46,39,285
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 24,13,150
• Jewellery: Rs 3,32,600
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs 5,33,338
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the financial year 2022. MyNeta
|Net Worth (as of 2022)||Rs 1,69,64,509 MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohit Mohindra
- Mohit Mohindra is an Indian politician and a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) who took charge as President of the Youth Congress in Punjab on 24 August 2023. He is the son of veteran Congress leader Brahm Mohindra.
- Mohit has been good at sports since he was a kid. He was the captain of the Punjab Under-15 cricket team that won the Polly Umrigar Trophy in 2005-06. Later, he was the captain of the Under-17 state team, which came second in the Vijay Merchant Trophy in 2007-08. He also played for Punjab in the Under-22 cricket team.
- He is a lawyer by profession enrolled with the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana and the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- In 2016, he ventured into politics as Secretary of Youth Congress in Patiala.
- While serving as Punjab Youth Congress State General Secretary and the Wing In-charge of Bathinda parliamentary constituency in 2019, Mohit applied for a Congress ticket to contest the Bathinda seat in the Lok Sabha elections, but he wasn’t alloted the ticket.
- Mohit contested and lost the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly elections from Patiala Rural to Dr Balbir Singh of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) by a margin of 53474 votes.
- In 2023, Mohit won the PYC polls cornering 2,40,600 votes out of a total of 4,51,550 polled. He defeated Akshay Sharma, who received 1,75,433 votes, and Udhayvir Singh Dhillon, who received 13,944 votes. Udhayvir is the son of senior Congress leader Dipinder Dhillon. Mohit took charge of the Punjab Youth Congress replacing Barinder Dhillon. In his speech at the oath-taking ceremony, Mohit said,
I want to assure the high command that we (PYC office bearers) will not seek (Assembly election) tickets. We will work hard for three and a half years and only after that, if you find us competent, do give us your blessings.”
- He has served as the Vice President of the Fencing Association of India.