|Famous for||Becoming the Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab under the leadership of the newly appointed Dalit leader Charanjit Channi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Grey (half bald)|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• Joined Indian National Congress (INC) in 1975
• Became an MLA from Patiala Urban constituency in 1982
• Became an MLA from Patiala City in 1987
• Became an MLA from Patiala City in 1992
• Contested election from Samana assembly and won in 2007
• Contested election from Patiala Rural and became an MLA
• Contested election from Patiala Rural in 2017 and he was appointed as the Health and Family Welfare Minister in Punjab Government
|Positions Held||• Member of AICC since 1987
• General Secretary, Punjab Youth Congress
• General Secretary PCC
• Secretary Punjab PCC
• President District Youth Congress, Patiala
• Member of the Senate of Punjabi University, Patiala
• General Secretary of All India Bharat Yuvak Samaj
• Chairman of Punjab Agro Industries Corporation
• Vice President, Punjab Olympic Association
• Chairman of Committee of Public Accounts, Member of Committee on Subordinate Legislation, and Member of Committee on Public Undertakings of the Punjab Vidhan Sabha
• Cabinet Minister of Local Government, Parliamentary Affairs, Elections, Removal of Grievances, Government of Punjab
|Date of Birth||24 April 1946 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||75 Years|
|College/University||Government Mohindra College, Patiala|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation (1968) MyNeta|
|Address||6, The Upper Mall, Patiala 147001 Punjab|
|Hobbies||Playing badminton and table tennis|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Mohit Mohindra (advocate)
(picture in wife section)
|Parents||Father- M.R. Mohindra
Mother- Leelawati Mohindra
• Cash: Rs. 84,040
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions, etc.: Rs. 77.28 lakh
• Personal loans: Rs. 10 lakh
• Jewellery: Rs. 14.86 lakh
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 78.50 lakh
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 3.32 crore
|Net Worth (as of 2017)||Rs. 6.49 crore MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Brahm Mohindra
- Brahm Mohindra is an Indian politician belonging to Punjab. He represents Indian National Congress (INC) and is appointed as the Minister of Local Government, Parliamentary Affairs, Removal of Grievances, and Elections in the Punjab Government. He is ranked second in decision making, after the Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Brahmn Mohindra completed his graduation from Government Mohindra College, Patiala and joined Punjab Youth Congress in Punjab. In 1975, he joined Indian National Congress as a worker.
- In 1982, Brahmn Mohindra contested elections from the Patiala Urban constituency and won the elections for the first time. He became a member of legislative assembly (MLA).
- In 1997, he lost the elections from the seat to Surjit Singh Kohli of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD). In 2002, Brahm lost the elections from Samana seat to Surjit Singh Rakhra of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD). The loss streak ended in 2007, when he won the elections from Samana seat.
- In 2012, he again won the elections from Patiala Dehati. In 2017, he again won the elections from Patiala Dehati, and he was appointed as the health minister in Punjab Government. Later, he became the local body minister.
- Brahm Mohindra has been a huge supported of former Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh. During the political differences between Captain Amarinder Singh and Navjot Singh Sidhu, Brahm always stood with Captain. He stood with Captain even after he stepped down from his post of Chief Minister of Punjab.
- After winning the 2012 elections, Mohindra decided to give up on his seat in the name of Captain’s son, Raninder Singh. He elected himself from the Patiala Dehati seat.
- On 19 September 2021, it was announced that Charanjit Singh Channi would be the new Chief Minister of Punjab, and Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and Brahm Mohindra will be the two deputy chief ministers. However, this decision was changed at the last hour as OP Soni was appointed as the second deputy chief minister, and Mohindra’s name was dropped from the list. Sources also revealed that Navjot Singh Sidhu played a crucial role is selecting the deputy chief ministers.
Heartiest congratulations to @Charnjit_channi for elevation as #PunjabCM and @BrahmMohindra & @Sukhjinder_INC as Dy CMs. Best wishes for their grand success in the service of Punjab under the leadership of Smt.Sonia Gandhi and Sh.@RahulGandhi.
— Pawan Kumar Bansal (@pawanbansal_chd) September 19, 2021
- In October 2020, Brahm Mohindra supported Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa, and demanded for an action to be taken against Navjot Singh Sidhu for his repeated acts of indiscipline as they speak against then Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh. Mohindra further added, that this demand was not proposed because of Sidhu’s behaviour during rallies in Moga or Patiala, but because of his misconduct before resigning from the cabinet as well. He said-
As a sensible leader, one has to apologise for any act of indiscipline. Still, the Chief Minister was magnanimous enough to share the stage with Sidhu and other dissidents to give a message of unity when Rahul Gandhi visited Punjab.”
- In 2019, Brahm Mohindra’s son, Mohit Mohindra, applied for Congress ticket for the Bathinda parliamentary constituency. He was the general secretary of Punjab Youth Congress, and he was the wing in-charge of Bathinda parliamentary constituency. He believed that as party president Rahul Gandhi wanted more youth to come forward and represent the party, he believed that he was a strong contender.