Boyfriend: Suraj Nambiar
Height: 5' 5"
Age: 36 Years
|Famous Role(s)||Sati in TV serial "Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev"
Naagin in TV serial "Naagin...Mohabbat Aur Inteqaam Ki Dastaan"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1985|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baburhat, Cooch Behar|
|College/Universities||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||English Honors
Course in Mass Communication
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Gold (2018)
Film (Punjabi): Hero Hitler in Love (2011)
TV: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2007)
|Hobbies||Reading, Painting, Travelling, Sketching, Dancing|
|Awards, Honours||2016: ITA Award for Desh Ki Dhadkan - Best Actress - Popular
2017: Golden Petal Award for Best Actress (Female)
|Controversies||• During the reality show "Pati Patni Aur Woh" she had some issues with actress Debina Bonnerjee.
• In September 2021, actor Amit Tandon alleged that Mouni Roy used his wife, Ruby, and left her in midway when she needed her the most. The actor said, 'Mouni Roy who?... I usually don't give a s*t and here, I don't give a s*t. I know my wife Ruby won't say this but this took a lot out of her. I don't think I want to see Mouni Roy's face ever again. That girl used my wife. We thought she was genuine but when Ruby was in trouble, Mouni ne uska saath chhod diya. Jaise logon ke chehre badaltey hain, waise hi hua. We are seeing a new face of Mouni Roy; this is not the Mouni we knew. We perceived her as a genuine person, she has hurt Ruby's soul. Jaise logon ke chehre badaltey hain, waise hi hua. We are seeing a new face of Mouni Roy; this is not the Mouni we knew.' The Times of India
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Gaurav Chopra (Actor)
• Mohit Raina (Actor)
• Suraj Nambiar (businessman)
|Parents||Father- Anil Roy (Superintendent)
Mother- Mukti Roy (Teacher)
|Siblings||Brother- Mukhar Roy (Younger)
|Food||Kadi Chawal, Khichdi, Mishti Doi and Chinese food|
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling
|Song||Lag Jaa Gale from the film "Woh Kaun Thi"|
|Destination(s)||London and Paris|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 70 Crores ($1 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mouni Roy
- Does Mouni Roy smoke?: No
- Does Mouni Roy drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She hails from a filmy background; as her mother, Mukti is a theatre artist and her grandfather, Shekhar Chandra Roy was a renowned theatre artist in West Bengal.
- She is a well-trained Kathak and Ballerina dancer. She was also the finalist of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa in 2014.
- During her college days, she worked as a choreographer.
- Apart from being a dancer and an actress, she is a big art lover and loves doing painting and sketching during her leisure time.
- She is passionate about reading novels, and whenever she travels, she prefers carrying one or two novels with her.
- She made a headstart to her career in Ekta Kapoor‘s sitcom Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Krishna Tulsi, and she became quite popular after her debut serial.
- Mouni shares a great bond with actress Sanjeeda Sheikh and considers her as her best friend.
- She admires her father a lot and wants to emulate him in his principles.
- According to some reports, she had a lip surgery, but she denies any such reports.
- She is a global trotter and has travelled a lot of places- Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Europe, and many more.
- Mouni’s appearance in Naagin and Naagin 2 received great laurels from the viewers.
- She has also voiced the role of Sita in the animated movie- Mahayodha Rama.
- In the serial Mahadev, Mouni shared the screen with Mohit, and the two fell in love with each other. Since then, the couple is dating each other.
- In 2018, she hit the big screen with her first lead in the Bollywood film- Gold alongside Akshay Kumar.
- She loves spending time with children. Whenever kids are around, she loves playing and enjoying with them.