Age: 46 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Full Name||Ekta Ravi Kapoor|
|Profession||TV and Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 58 kg
in pounds- 128 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-35|
|Debut||Film: Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)
TV: Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
|Awards||• Indo-American Society Award for the Most Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur (2010)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Iconic Film and Television Producer (2012)
• IMPACT’s 50 Award for the Most Influential Women in Media, Marketing and Advertising (2016)
• Indian Television Academy Award for the Sterling Icon of Entertainment (2017)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Most Inspiring Icon of the Year (2018)
• Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow Award for Icon of Excellence (2018)
• Business Today Award for Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business (2019)
• Hindustan Times Business Award for Business Icon of Continent (2019)
• ET Business Award for Content Creator of the Year (2019)
• HT Most Stylish Film Maker of the Year (2019)
• Padma Shri (2020)
|Date of Birth||7 June 1975|
|Age (as of 2021)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• In 2007, Smriti Irani made an exit from Ekta's serial "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" after a clash with Ekta. However, she was later brought back to the serial in 2008 due to fall in the ratings of the show.
• Actor Pulkit Samrat who made an exit from the serial "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" had some payment issues with Ekta. He filled a case against Balaji Telefilms for not clearing his pending payments and also not allowing him to work on some other projects.
• A protest was carried out by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha against the TV serial "Jodha Akbar" as they thought that false facts were being presented by Ekta in her serial.
• Kapoor is often criticised for her dressing style as she flaunts clothes which are either uncomfortable or not appreciated by the people.
• Ekta is also criticised for the nudity clause in her contract. she has added the clause to prevent actors backing out from doing any intimate scene or provocative dialogue in the script.
• She also had a feud with Rajeev Khandelwal. Khandelwal who came into the limelight with Ekta's serial "Kahiin Toh Hoga" openly said that he does not need Ekta to become big. The fight worsened when Rajeev made a negative remark on Ekta’s TV programming. However, they patched up after some time.
• After the rumours of the film Drishyam's resemblance to the Japanese Novel ‘The Devotion of Suspect X, Kapoor sent a legal notice to the makers of Drishyam claiming the ownership of its copyrights. This gave rise to many controversies.
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Ravie (via surrogacy, born in 2019)
|Parents||Father- Jeetendra (Actor)
Mother- Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
|Siblings||Brother- Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
|Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar|
|Books||The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|TV Serial||Shameless (USA)|
|Car Collection||• BMW
|Assets/Properties||• A luxury flat in Mumbai worth Rs. 7 crore
• Balaji Telefilms office in Andheri West, Mumbai
• Personal investment Rs. 43 crores
|Salary/Income (approx.)||Rs. 5.5 crore|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 85 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ekta Kapoor
- Does Ekta Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Ekta Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ekta Kapoor was born to Jeetendra and Sobha Kapoor in Mumbai.
- She began her internship with the ad and feature filmmaker, Kailash Surendranath at the age of 15.
- Ekta stated producing TV serial at the age of 19, after her father’s suggestion.
- Majority of her TV serials begin with K, as she considers it lucky for her.
- As MD of Balaji Telefilms, she has produced around 25 successful TV serials till 2015 with earnings of around 500 Crore (INR) from it.
- Kapoor has launched films like “Love Sex Aur Dhokha,” “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai,” “Shor in the City,” and “Half Girlfriend.”
- She has produced more than 130 serials including “Hum Paanch,” “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki,” “Kyunki Saar Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Kasauti Zindagii Kay,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Bade Acche Lagte Hain,” “Kasamh Se,” “Jodha Akbar,” “Ye Hai Mohabbatein,” “Kumkum Bhagya,” “Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki,” and “Kundali Bhagya.”
- She has launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal and Ronit Roy.
- Ekta has also launched her fashion label, EK which is available at Snapdeal.
- She always wears black platform heels on events or functions as suggested by an astrologer.
- She has fear of heights, darkness and helicopters.
- Actress Anita Hassanandani initially changed her name to Natassha for movies on her suggestion.
- She isn’t seen much in public events, but she is considered as a party animal.
- She is spiritual, has huge faith in astrology, numerology and considers 3,6 and 9 as her lucky numbers.
- She is an animal lover and although she has a pet dog called Lafro, she has a habit of adopting stray dogs and has many of them.
- She is actively involved in charity for older women.
- She loves listening to old songs and ghazals and is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar’s songs.
- Ekta has earned the monikers of “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television.”
- Ekta is the rakhi sister of Vikas Gupta.