|Real Name||Mukul Roy|
|Political Party||All India Trinamool Congress
|Political Journey||2006: In April, elected to the Rajya Sabha.
Aug. 2006-May 2009: served as Member, Committee on Urban Development and Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Home Affairs.
April 2008-May 2009: served as Permanent Special Invitee, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Railways.
28 May 2009-20 March 2012: Served as Minister of State in the Ministry of Shipping.
19 May 2011-12 July 2011: Served as Minister of State in the Ministry of Railways.
20 March 2012-22 Sept. 2012: Served as Minister of Railways.
April 2012: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha.
September 2017: Announced to quit Trinamool Congress.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||17 April 1954|
|Age (as in 2017)||63 Years|
|Birth Place||Kanchrapara, Distt. North 24 Parganas, West Bengal|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Kanchrapara, Distt. North 24 Parganas, West Bengal|
|School||Harneet High School, Kanchrapara, West Bengal|
|College/University||Calcutta University, West Bengal
Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu
|Educational Qualification||BSc (Part I) from Calcutta University
An M.A. degree in public administration from the Madurai Kamaraj University in 2006
|Family||Father- Late Jugal Nath Roy
Mother- Late Shrimati Rekha Roy
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||53, Ghatak Road, P.O.- Kancharapa, West Bengal - 743145|
|Hobbies||Watching Cricket & Football matches, Reading, Travelling|
|Controversies||• On 11 July 2011, when Manmohan Singh (the then Prime Minister of India) asked him to visit the site of derailment of the Guwahati-Puri Express in Assam, he openly defied him.
• In 2012, he was criticised for removing the hike in railway-passenger-fare (introduced by the former Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi).
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary (as Rajya Sabha Member)||50,000 INR + other allowances /month (as in 2014)|
|Net Worth||50 Lakh INR (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mukul Roy
- Does Mukul Roy smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mukul Roy drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He is a veteran Indian politician and a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- During his school days, Mukul actively participated in drama, quiz and inter-school science exhibitions.
- He was also a member of the Bharat Scouts and Guides and regularly took part in camps.
- Mukul has served in different capacities at the Government of India including Railway Minister of India.
- In 2012, when Mamata Banerjee resigned as the Railway Minister, she personally recommended Mr. Roy for the post of Railway Minister to the then Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh.
- Though Mukul Roy always preferred keeping a low profile, he had always been a trusted Lieutenant to Mamata Banerjee, particularly during the party’s movements against land acquisition at Singur and Nandigram.
- Initially, Mukul was not very active in politics, and from 2002 to 2005 he was the non-executive director of the United Bank of India.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)