Age: 46 Years
Husband: Manish Munnot
|Full Name||Shaina Nana Chudasama|
|Title||Queen of Drapes|
|Profession||Politician, Fashion Designer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 120 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• Joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on 14 September 2004
• Appointed as the President of the newly created Health and Cultural Cell of the BJP in 2004
• She contested the Maharashtra State Assembly election in 2004 from the Bandra Assembly Constituency but lost
• Appointed as the BJP spokesperson for Mumbai in February 2007
• Became the BJP spokesperson for Maharashtra in 2008
• Did not get the ticket for the Maharashtra Assembly State Elections in 2009 from the Malabar Hill Constituency
• In March 2010, she was included as a member of the National Executive Council of the BJP
• She became the National spokesperson of the BJP in April 2013 and was included in the panel of spokespersons to take part in television debates
• She became the treasurer of the Maharashtra BJP in 2013
• Shaina was appointed as the President of the newly formed BJP Kaamgaar Morcha’s BJP Chitrapat Union (BJP's Film Mazdoor Union) in July 2014
• In June 2015, she was re-appointed as the treasurer of the Maharashtra BJP
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Holds a record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the Fastest Saree Drape
• Received the Lokmat Most Stylish Award as a Politician on 9 December 2018
• She has received many awards for social work from organizations such as the Jaycees International, the Indo-American Society, Lions Clubs International, and the Rotary International recognizing her contribution to the society
|Date of Birth||1 December 1972|
|Age (as in 2018)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Malabar Hill, Mumbai|
|School||Queen Mary School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
• Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science
• Associate Degree in Fashion Designing
|Address||Shanti Cottage, Narayan Dabholkhar Road, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• Openly criticized all parties including her own, the BJP, for the lack of women candidates in elections, barring the two parties of Mamata Banerjee and Naveen Patnaik
• She was criticized when she accidentally tweeted an old photo of the victim of the Chandigarh stalking case. When this was pointed out to her, she deleted the tweet and claimed that her account had been hacked and that tweet should be ignored.
• In 2015, the RSS contradicted Shaina when she tweeted an old photo of people helping out in the Gujarat Earthquake of 2001; claiming that it was 20,000 RSS Swayamsevaks who had gone for the rescue and relief operations, after the earthquake in Nepal. The RSS responded to this stating, they do not have control over the borders and did not send anyone to Nepal.
• In 2014, she gave a controversial statement about Mayawati; stating that she is confused whether Mayawati is a He or She. She later clarified her statement; that she said this as there are so many men in the Parliament, she wasn't able to spot Mayawati or any other female. She faced a lot of backlash for this statement as many women came out in support of Mayawati and stated that Shaina's statement was extremely sexist and derogatory.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1995|
|Husband||Manish Munot (Businessman)|
|Children||Son- Ayaan Munot
Daughter- Shanaya Munot
|Parents||Father- Late Nana Chudasama (Former Mayor and Sheriff of Mumbai)
Mother- Munira Chudasma (Businesswoman)
|Siblings||Brother- Akshay Nana Chudasama (Corporate Lawyer)
Sister- Brinda Miller (Artist)
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Sadhana Shivdasani|
|Assets/Properties (As in 2004)||Immovable: INR 2.39 Crores
Cash: INR 22.65 Lacs
Bank Deposits: INR 87,000
Cars: INR 5.6 Lacs
Jewellery: INR 4.46 Lacs
Movable: INR 50,000
Agricultural Land worth INR 50,000
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 3.3 Crores (as in 2004)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaina NC
- Shaina NC is a BJP Spokesperson and a Fashion Designer. She is a Guinness World Record holder for the fastest Saree Drape. She actively takes part in television debates on behalf of her party.
- Her mother, Munira Chudasama, had been in the fashion industry for decades and had started one of the first boutiques of Bombay, The Golden Thimble. Shaina used to design outfits from the age of 18. She was very popular in the Mumbai Fashion Industry.
- After graduation, she spent most of her time in the fashion industry. She had a special interest in sarees and said that saree is India’s own outfit, and everyone should be proud of the attire. She has discovered 54 different ways of draping a saree, which also gave her the title, Queen of Drapes.
- Her father, Nana Chudasama, was the former Mayor and Sheriff of Mumbai. Shaina was interested in politics from an early age. She joined the BJP in 2004, in the presence of the former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Gopinath Munde.
- She often states that she joined the BJP as her father was a Hindu, mother a Muslim, and she is married to a Marwari Jain, and still the BJP accepted her. She liked such a secular and progressive party.
- In 2004, she was made the President of the Health and Cultural Cell of the BJP. She contested for the Maharashtra Assembly Elections from the Bandra Assembly Constituency but lost to Baba Siddique of the Indian National Congress (INC).
- She does a lot of social work through her NGOs- I Love Mumbai and Giants International. She also raises money through charity events and fundraisers and donates it to the Cancer Patients’ Aid Association (CPAA).
- In 2007, she was appointed the BJP spokesperson for Mumbai and in 2008, she ascended to be the BJP spokesperson for Maharashtra and also as a member of the National Executive Council of the BJP.
- In February 2010, BJP’s ally Shiv Sena opposed the release of Shahrukh Khan’s film, My Name Is Khan. The BJP leadership was hesitant in taking a stand against their ally. Shaina organized a premiere of Shahrukh’s film in New Delhi to support him. Reportedly, she did this to make a point to the BJP leadership that she will not compromise on the progressive thinking of the party.
- In 2013, she was made the National spokesperson of the BJP and was included in the panel of spokespersons who participated in television debates. She was also appointed as the treasurer of the Maharashtra BJP; this made her the first woman ever in the BJP for the post of treasurer.
- In June 2015, she was re-appointed as the treasurer of the Maharashtra BJP unit for a second term.
- On 27 April 2016, she launched her book named, Movers and Makers, as a tribute to the Make In India Campaign by the Government of India. She was accompanied by her close friend Shah Rukh Khan and the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for the launch.
- Despite being involved in politics, she continues her work in the fashion industry. Shaina is associated with a lot of Bollywood celebrities and often invites them to her charity events.
- She is an avid dog lover and often spends her free time playing with her son and dogs. She calls this a major stress buster after a hectic day’s work.
- Shaina is a fitness freak and loves Yoga. Since the inception of International Yoga Day in 2015, she organizes a yoga camp on the last Sunday of every month in Mumbai, named “Yoga By The Bay”. She often urges people to join her. More than 5,000 people including many Bollywood celebrities participate every month.