|Amey Arun Ghole BMC Elections
|Being a close aid of the Cabinet Minister of Higher Education, Cabinet Minister of Tourism and Environment for the Government of Maharashtra Aditya Uddhav Thackeray
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Yuva Sena, Shiv Sena Youth Wing
|Date of Birth
|10 June 1986 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Don Bosco High School, Matunga, Mumbai
|• R.A. Podar College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
• L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
|Diploma in Management at L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai The Hindu
|In January 2021, a complaint was filed by an ax-Army officer Sujit Apte accusing Amey of threatening to kill him. He filed a writ petition in the Bombay High Court because the Mumbai police refused to file an FIR against Amey. In the petition, he mentioned that Mumbai police were pressurized by politicians and they were unable to help him. According to Sujit, the problem started when an illegal Sai Baba Mandir constructed on the footpath of his property was demolished by the Municipal authorities. The temple was built near a slum, and many people used to sit inside the illegal premises and freely consume alcohol and smoke drugs. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the activities continued after which he filed a complaint, but no action was taken against them. The HC gave orders to demolish the temple on 11 December 2020. After the structure was demolished, Amey came to Sujit's house on 13 December 2020 with local goons. In an interview, Apte remembered what Ambey told him and said,
It is because of you that our temple has been demolished. That temple belonged to our voters. They could have used it to do whatever they wished to. Who are you to interfere. Now my voters would sit on the footpath abutting your property and do charas and ganja or whatever they want."
He also ordered Apte to remove all the security installed on his property by 16 December because they wanted to rebuild the Sai Baba Temple. He even asked the goons to sit in front of Apte's house and drink, smoke or do whatever they wished to do. ANI
|Relationships & More
|According to a media report, he has assets worth Rs. 41 lakhs. Hindustan Times
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amey Ghole
- Amey Ghole is an Indian politician who is known for being a close aide of the Cabinet Minister of Higher Education, and Cabinet Minister of Tourism and Environment for the Government of Maharashtra Aditya Uddhav Thackeray.
- In 2017, he was selected as a candidate for BMC elections from Ward No 178, Kohinoor Mills and won the elections.
- According to a media report, he has 8 criminal cases in his name.
- In July 2017, a song titled ‘What do you trust Mumbai BMC?’ was played by R. J. Malishka on Red FM. After the song gained some popularity, other channels also started both holes campaigns to support it. Shiv Sena corporator Solanki Sarwankar and Amey asked the Municipal Commissioner Ajoy Mehta to take legal action against the Red FM and the Malishka for defaming Municipal Corporation. In the song, it was mentioned that the BMC was not working properly as there is always traffic in Mumbai and local trains were not maintained. According to BMC workers, a ton of garbage was lifted every day and water was supplied daily. Sarvankar demanded the Municipal Commissioner take legal action against Red FM for a false claim against the municipal employees.
- In December 2019, he replied to Amruta Fadnavis, wife of Devendra Fadnavis‘ on a Twitter post, where she said that one cannot become a ‘Thackrey’ if they have the surname ‘Thackrey’. In his reply, he talked about the history that Raghunathdada Pethway being intelligent and mighty. Power-hungry Anandibai corrupted his intellect. He made the issue of morality and Raghoba became a villain. Amey criticized Amrita Fadnavis by saying that history should not be forgotten at present.
Very true @Dev_Fadnavis ji ! One cannot be a ‘Thackeray’ also by just putting ‘Thackrey’ surname after his name ! One needs to be true, principled & should think for betterment of people & party members above his own family & power dynamics ! @ShivSena @OfficeofUT https://t.co/3W0AsvcTeG
— AMRUTA FADNAVIS (@fadnavis_amruta) December 22, 2019
इतिहासात रघुनाथदादा पेशवे हे बुद्धिमान, पराक्रमी असल्याचे सुरुवातीचे उल्लेख आहेत. सत्तालोभी आनंदीबाईंनी त्यांची बुद्धी भ्रष्ट केली. त्यांनी नैतिकतेचाच मुडदा पाडला आणि राघोबा खलनायक ठरले. वर्तमानात इतिहास विसरायचा नसतो! #ठाकरेठाकरेच! #आजच्याआनंदीबाई https://t.co/5GWTWJaCe6
— Amey Ghole (@AmeyGhole) December 22, 2019
- In 2020, the Bombay High Court questioned Amey for initiating demolition action on a complaint against Lalit Restaurant and Bar at Dhobitalao. The owner of the restaurant Lalit D’Souza in the petition said that as soon as any politician complains about construction to the municipal corporation, they take action on this. On the other hand, Amey in his complaint said that the building was built illegally in a house gully. Replying to him, Lalit said that the building was constructed in 1973 and the business was registered by the BMC. Amey’s advocate said that a notice was pasted on the restaurant, but they did not receive it because it was closed due to COVID-19. The judges in the order said, ‘We prima facie are satisfied that corporation has acted hastily upon receiving a complaint but it was not given.’
- In 2020, he shared a picture of a boat on Twitter and claimed that it was the Maharashtra government’s ambulance service from Mandava Jetty to the Gateway of India. The picture was retweeted over 350 times. After research by The Print, it was found out that the boat ambulance in Guernsey was called Flying Christine III and it was previously shown in a BBC article from 2014.
— Amey Ghole (@AmeyGhole) August 9, 2020
- In December 2020, he invited citizens of Wadala to join him as representatives so that people could participate in solving civic issues. They acted as a mediator to raise civic issues and suggest improvements to him. He received more than 150 requests from his ward and there were many people who wanted to be part of his ‘Join team corporator’ initiative.
- In January 2023, he said that he was not planning to leave Shiva Sena or the Yuva Sena. He questioned Aditya Uddhav Thackeray about the private monopoly in the Yuva Sena. Amey did not attend the core committee meeting of the Yuva Sena called by Aditya. In the interview, he said,
Aadityaji treated me like a family member. They never ill-treated me. I raised these issues, I am waiting for an answer. I will never leave their hand and go somewhere else. I’m waiting for a positive answer … I am going to be with the Thackeray family and will keep working for the party. I am not in talks with anyone, my loyalty is to Aadityaji only.”
- On 17 April 2023, he left the Shiv Sena alleging that former Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Shiv Sena secretary Suraj Chavan interfered in his work. In the letter, he further said that he wrote to Aditya about the problem but he did not receive any reply from him. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
My friendship with Aaditya is not limited to politics and I expect to continue the friendship in future. I had tried a lot to resolve the internal dispute but couldn’t succeed. Eventually, I had to leave the party. Now, I am joining the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena.”