|Real Name||Munizae Jahangir|
|Profession||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|College/Universities||Cheltenham Ladies' College
McGill University Montreal, Canada
The New School University, New York
|Educational Qualification(s)||BA degree in Political Science and English from McGill University Montreal, Canada
MA in Media Studies from The New School University, New York
|Family||Father- Tahir Jahangir
Mother- Asma Jahangir (Lawyer and Human Rights Activist, Dead)
Brother- 1 (Name Not Known)
Sister- Sulema Jahangir (Lawyer)
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Munizae Jahangir
- Does Munizae Jahangir smoke?: Not Known
- Does Munizae Jahangir drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born in Pakistan to mother, Asma Jahangir, who was a famous lawyer and human rights activist, and father, Tahir Jahangir.
- She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and English from McGill University, Canada.
- Munizae pursued her Masters in Media Studies from The New School, New York.
- She is Harvard’s Executive Program alumnus at the Kennedy School.
- She is an active member of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan and also the co-founder of South Asian Women in Media.
- She has contributed a lot of articles to the English daily newspaper- The Express Tribune and also worked as an Executive Producer, Reporter, and Anchor at Pakistan’s Express Media group, and it’s Urdu TV channel.
- She rose to fame after working as an anchor in a lot of current affairs primetime shows named “Pakistan Poochta Hain,” an audience based debate show, “Siyah Sufaid,” a show on Afghan Pakistan relations, “Sarhad Keh Uss Paar”, and “FACE OFF”, an interview-based show telecasted on BBC’s Hard Talk.
- Munizae established her career as a notable producer and director with researching and telecasting numerous famous documentaries.
- Her work on the film “Search for Freedom” was an award-winning documentary focusing the story of four Afghan women and the war in Afghanistan. The same was chosen amongst sixteen films picked from across the world at Amnesty International’s USA film festival.
- Her broadcast titled “Baloch Battlefield” was aired on NDTV for the Indian Television Award and she also did a stupendous work on “Across the LOC: Kashmir”, which was based on Indian Administered Kashmir.
- With her most acclaimed and trailblazing work in journalism, she has become an inspiration to others not only in Pakistan but all over the world. Moreover, many political magazines and newspaper articles have featured her interviews.
- Her particular interests as a reporter include India Pakistan peace process, the insurgency in Balochistan, conditions of minorities in Sindh, judicial crises, sports, foreign relations, and entertainment.
- She has invariably, acted as a bridge between India and Pakistan in various debate shows.
- Munizae prefers keeping her personal life secret from media and other social networking handles.
- She has been working as Pakistan correspondent at India’s NDTV.
- Munizae’s notable work comprises of interviews of well-renowned personalities Senator John Kerry, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Former Prime Ministers of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto, Former Prime Minister Mohammad Nawaz Sharif, Sanam Bhutto, Yousaf Gilani, Former President Asif Zardari, Mr Imran Khan, MQM leader Altaf Hussain, Afghan Taliban leader Akbar Agha, Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti, and Indian politician Jaswant Singh.
- She has worked exceptionally well in her program named Spot Light With Munizae Jahangir. Here’s a video of an episode of the show:
- On 11 February 2018, her mother died at Hameed Latif Hospital because of cardiac arrest.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)