|Real Name||Sally Quillian Yates|
|Political Journey||• She was appointed as Assistant U.S. Attorney by Bob Barr for the northern district of Georgia in 1989.
• Became the first Assistant U.S. Attorney in 2002 and as Acting U.S. Attorney in 2004.
• Yates was nominated for the U.S. Attorney in the northern district of Georgia by the then President Barack Obama in 2010 and was confirmed by the senate.
• In May 2015, Sally was appointed as the Deputy Attorney General of the United States. This is the second highest ranking position in Justice department.
• In January 2017, she acknowledged a request from the Trump administration to serve as the acting Attorney General of U.S. but was sacked from the post when she refused to defend the immigration order proposed by the newly formed government.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 59 kg
in Pounds- 130 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 August 1960|
|Age (as in 2017)||57 Years|
|Birth Place||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|College/University||University of Georgia, University of Georgia School of Law|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. in Journalism|
|Debut||In 1985, with the law firm 'King & Spalding.'|
|Family||Father- John Kelley Quillian (Retired Chief Judge)
Mother- Xara Terrell Quillian
Sister- Terrell Quillian Marshall (Radio Show Host)
|Controversies||In January 2017, she was sacked by the President Donald Trump for betraying the department by not acknowledging to enforce the immigration order which has been proposed to protect the citizens of the United States.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Comer Yates (Former Attorney)
|Children||Daughter- Kelley Malone Yates
Son- James Quillian Yates
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sally Kates
- Does Sally Yates smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sally Yates drink alcohol?: Yes
- Yates started her career as a lawyer for the Atlanta law firm ‘King & Spalding’ from 1985 to 1989.
- In 1989, Yates was hired by Bob Barr as assistant US attorney in the Northern District of Georgia, where she worked in series of cases including white-collar fraud and political corruption.
- She was the lead prosecutor against the Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph, who was accused of executing multiple bombings between 1996 and 1998.
- She was the first woman to become United States Attorney General.
- In January 2017, she was succeeded by Dana Boente.
- She spent around three decades of her career within the Justice Department.
- Her biggest inspiration was her grandmother, who was one of the first women admitted to the Georgia Bar.
- Her husband ran for Congress twice (in 1994 and 1996), but lost both times.
- Her husband supported Barack Obama during the ‘presidential campaign’ and donated $3,355 between both of Obama’s presidential campaign.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)