Imran Khan (Actor) Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Separated
Height: 5' 8"
|Real Name||Imran Pal|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Filmmaker, Social Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 31 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||Film (Child Actor): Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988, as young Raj)
Film (Lead Actor): Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na (2008, as Jai “Rats” Singh Rathore)
Film (Filmmaker): Mission Mars: Keep Walking India (2018)
|Awards/Honours||• 2009: Won Best Male Debut by Filmfare Awards for the Hindi film Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na
• 2009: Won Best Male Debut by Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards for the Hindi film Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na
• 2009: Nominated for Most Promising Newcomer – Male by Screen Awards for the Hindi film Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na
• 2009: Nominated for Superstar of Tomorrow – Male by Stardust Awards for the Hindi film Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na
• 2009: Nominated for Best Villain by International Indian Film Academy Awards for the Hindi film Kidnap
• 2009: Won Best Actor in a Negative Role by AXN Action Awards for the Hindi film Kidnap
• 2010: Nominated for Superstar of Tomorrow – Male by Stardust Awards for the Hindi film Luck
• 2011: Nominated for Best Actor (Popular Choice) by Screen Awards for the Hindi film I Hate Luv Storys
• 2011: Won Chivas Award for Outstanding Achievement by GQ Men of the Year Awards
• 2012: Nominated for International Male Icon by Zee Cine Awards
• 2012: Nominated for Best Actor (Popular Choice) by Screen Awards for the Hindi films Delhi Belly & Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
• 2012: Nominated for Favorite Youth Icon by People’s Choice Awards India
• 2013: Nominated for Best Actor (Popular Choice) by Screen Awards for the Hindi film Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu
• 2013: Nominated for Best Actor – Comedy/Romance by Stardust Awards for the Hindi film Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu
|Date of Birth||13 January 1983|
|Age (as of 2023)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Madison, Wisconsin, USA|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||• Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
• Blue Mountain School, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
• Fremont High School, Sunnyvale, California
|College/University||New York Film Academy, Los Angeles|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Filmmaking from New York Film Academy, Los Angeles|
|Religion||Half Hindu (from his father’s side) and Half Muslim (from his mother’s side) The Quint|
|Address||24, Pali Hill, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Travelling, Photgraphy, Cooking|
|Tattoo(s)||One on his right bicep and another on his chest, which is a footprint of his little daughter.
|Controversy||In 2015, during an interview with Mumbai Mirror, Imran said "Is Rahul Rawail still around?" in response to a question that hinted that director Rahul Rawail had tried to create trouble between Ranbir Kapoor and Imran, when Imran's wife Avantika criticized Ranbir's film 'Rajneeti' (2010), which affected Imran's relationship with Ranbir.
In reply, Rahul Rawail slammed Imran on Twitter and called him "mentally challenged."
|Relationships & More|
Note: Imran and Avantika parted ways in 2019. iDiva
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Avantika Malik
• Lekha Washington (rumoured)
|Marriage Date||10 January 2011|
|Wife/Spouse||Avantika Malik (m. 2011; separated 2019)
Daughter- Imara Malik Khan (born in 2014)
|Parents||Father- Anil Pal (Software engineer, Senior Manager at Yahoo)
Raj Zutshi (Actor, Ex-Stepfather)
Mother- Nuzhat Khan (Psychologist)
|Other Relative||Maternal Uncle- Aamir Khan (actor)|
|Food||Dal-Chawal, Fried Bombil, Bhelpuri, Chili Con Carne|
|Beverage(s)||Watermelon juice, Beer|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Restaurant(s)||Moshe's, Gajalee, Don Giovanni, in Mumbai
Belthazar in Cape Town, South Africa
|Cars Collection||BMW 3-Serzies, Ferrari California,
Volkswagen Beetle, Porsche Cayenne
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 7-10 Crore|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 100 Crore ($15 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Imran Khan
- Imran Khan is an Indian actor, filmmaker, and social activist who gained immense popularity with his debut Hindi film ‘Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na’ (2008).
- He was born in the United States to Anil Pal, a software engineer, and Nuzhat Khan, a psychologist.
- His father works at Yahoo in Silicon Valley USA as a senior manager and his mother belongs to a film background.
- Imran was just a toddler the time his parents divorced, after which his upbringing was done only by his mother.
- His real name is Imran Pal, but he changed his surname to Khan after the separation of his parents.
- Imran’s mother is the daughter of the director-producer Nasir Hussain, and also the cousin of Aamir Khan.
- At the age of 6, he proposed Juhi Chawla and also offered her a ring.
- Imran was born to a Bengali-Scottish Hindu father and a Muslim mother from a film background.
- During his schooling at Bombay Scottish School, he developed the habit of stammering because he used to get corporal punishment and he was not able to tolerate that.
- He studied in a gurukul in Ooty where there was no electricity and the students had to wash their own clothes on a nearby creek.
- He made his debut as a child artist at the age of 5 in the movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak in 1988. He played the role of Raj, the young Aamir Khan in the movie.
- In 1992, he also played the role of Sajaylal, as young Aamir Khan in the movie Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar in 1992.
- He has learned his acting skills from Kishore Namit Kapoor’s Acting Institute.
- He has also worked at a USA firm before entering into the film industry.
- His career rose to prominence when he was starred in Manzoor Khan and Aamir Khan’s production- Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, which was a big hit.
- He has also worked as a columnist for The Hindustan Times in 2009.
- Imran is a citizen of USA and has been living in India on a work permit.
- He shares a great bond with Vivek Oberoi‘s brother- Akshay Oberoi.
- When he was 20 years old, he was in a live-in relationship with Avantika (his now-wife) and she is one year older to Imran.
- On 10 January 2011, he tied the knot with his long-time girlfriend Avantika. His wife is the daughter of Vandana Malik, CEO of the CNBC-TV 18 business news channel.
- For his movie Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, he learned Haryanvi in three months.
- Apart from acting, he is a great singer and has sung “Chaar Dina Ki”, a soundtrack in ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola.’
- In 2015, he quit working as an actor in Hindi films. The Indian Express
- He is an ardent animal lover, and along with his mother and wife, has bought a four-acre plot and turned it into an animal shelter. He has also kept animal staff and veterinary doctors at the shelter to take care of the animals.
- He believes in spreading awareness among Indian society, especially youth about various social issues.
- While shooting for Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, he took some candid shots of Kareena Kapoor to showcase his photography skills and it was liked by everyone on the set.
- He was also featured in a sarcastic video by All India Bakchod (AIB), which was against the criminalisation of gay sex and homophobia by the Supreme Court of India.
- Ranbir Kapoor had a huge crush on his wife Avantika back in the 90s when she used to work as a child artist in Sony TV’s popular show ‘Just Mohabbat.’
- He is an active supporter of the animal rights organisation PETA and also participates in their events on regular basis.
- He has been featured in TV commercials for various brands like Coke, LUX, Bru, and Levi’s.
- He loves animals and has a pet cat named Sigmund.
- He has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Filmfare, GQ, and The Man.
- He loves to travel and read books in his leisure time.
- His fans often compared his looks with the Hollywood actor Robert Pattinson. The Times of India In an interview, while talking about it, Imran said,
I get that a lot. Many girls feel I do look like Robert Pattinson but I don’t think that’s true. It’s definitely a compliment considering he is good looking and enjoys massive female fan following.”
|↑3||The Indian Express|
|↑5||The Times of India|