Age: 64 Years
Husband: Dilip Kulkarni
|Profession(s)||Actor and Producer|
|Famous Role||'Madhvi Vishwanathan Iyer’ in the popular TV serial, ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2013), aired on Star Plus
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film, Hindi (Actor): Mirch Masala (1987)
Film, Marathi (Actor): Hach Sunbaicha Bhau (1992)
Film, English (Actor): The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2012)
Film, French (Actor): A Wedding (Noces) (2016)
|Date of Birth||15 August 1955 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||64 Years|
|School||Canossa High School, Mahim, Mumbai|
|College/University||Elphinstone College in Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Arts DNA India|
|Hobbies||Reading and Listening to Music|
|Tattoo(s)||She has got many tattoos inked on her body; out of which one is on her right arm and an ‘Om’ tattoo on her left hand.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Dilip Kulkarni (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||25 October 1980 (Saturday)
|Husband/Spouse||Dilip Kulkarni (Died on 22 December 2002; due to chronic heart disease)
|Children||Son- Divij Kulkarni (Works in an advertising company)
Daughter- Sohaa Kulkarni (Producer)
|Parents||Father- V. G. Joshi (Doctor)
Mother- Kamal Joshi (Doctor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neena Kulkarni
- Neena Kulkarni is a popular Indian theatre, film, and television actor.
- She was born into an upper-middle-class family.
- She studied French as a major subject in her graduation.
- Neena started her career as a model and has walked the ramp at various fashion shows.
- She has appeared in various TV commercials, including Kalnirnay, Bisleri, Sprite, Mother Dairy, Cadbury, and Life Insurance Corporation.
- She met the famous Indian theatre director and actor, Satyadev Dubey, in 1970. She did her initial training in acting under him.
- Later, she acted in various theatre plays, including Mohan Rakesh’s ‘Adhe Adhure,’ Shankar Shesh’s ‘Mayavi Sarovar,’ Willie Russell’s ‘Educating Rita,’ and Ajit Dalvi’s ‘Mahatma Versus Gandhi.’
- She was featured on the Bagpiper’s calendar in 1970.
- In 1978, she was selected by the Indian Marathi film & theatre director, Vijaya Mehta to play the role of ‘Shabbo’ in the Marathi theatre play ‘Hamidabai Chi Kothi.’
- She has also acted in many other award-winning Marathi plays, like ‘Mahasagar,’ ‘Dhyani Mani,’ ‘Akasmat,’ ‘Dehabhaan,’ ‘Prem Patra,’ and ‘Vatvat Savitri.’
- Neena is the founder of ‘Upstage Film Company’ and produced the first Marathi film ‘Shevri’ (2006).
- She acted in many Bollywood films, including ‘Daayraa’ (1996), ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’ (2000), ‘Hungama’ (2003), ‘Paheli’ (2005), and ‘Guru’ (2007).
- She has appeared in many popular Marathi films, like ‘Pachhadlela’ (2004), ‘Sarivar Sari’ (2005), ‘Shevri’ (2006), ‘Gandha’ (2009), and ‘Kulkarni Chaukatla Deshpande’ (2019).
- Some of her popular TV serials are ‘Saarrthi’ (2004), ‘Baa Bahoo Aur Baby’ (2005), ‘Kayamath’ (2007), and ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2013).
- In 2007, her film, ‘Shevri’ won the ‘National Film Award’ for the Best Feature Film in Marathi. The film was produced by Neena Kulkarni under her own film production company, ‘Upstage Film Company.’
- In 2020, she appeared in the Hindi short film, ‘Devi,’ along with the actors like Kajol, Shruti Haasan, and Neha Dhupia.
- She has won many prestigious awards for her films and theatre plays.
- She worked as a writer for the column ‘Antarang’ in the Marathi newspaper ‘Loksatta’ for almost three years.
- She loves to spend her leisure time with her pet dogs.
References/Sources: [ + ]