|Real Name||Kajol Mukherjee|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (address)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 3”
|Weight (address)||in Kilograms- 57 kg
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Figure Measurements (address)||34-28-34
|Date of Birth||5 August 1974|
|Age (as in 2018)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Joseph's Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualifications||School dropout|
|Debut||Film Debut: Bekhudi (1992)
TV Debut: Rock-N-Roll Family (2008, as a judge)
|Family||Father- Late Shomu Mukherjee (Filmmaker)
Mother- Tanuja (Actress)
Sister- Tanishaa Mukherjee (Younger, Actress)
|Address||5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai
45/D Malgari Road, Mumbai
|Controversy||Her longtime friendship with Karan Johar ended in 2016, and the reason behind it was the Diwali clash of her husband Ajay’s Shivaay and Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Karan also said that he will never be friends with Kajol again. However, the reconciliation began when Kajol liked a post of Karan's twins Yash and Roohi. According to reports, she also invited him to a party, where they ended their differences.|
|Favourite Food(s)||Pizza, Spaghetti Salad with Olives and French Fries|
|Favourite Actor||Ajay Devgn, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Sholay, Chaalbaaz
Hollywood: Casablanca, Ironman 3, Gone With The Wind
|Favourite Director||Aditya Chopra|
|Favourite Book||Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person by Hugh Prather|
|Favourite Perfume||Cool Waters
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Karthik (South Indian Actor)
Ajay Devgan (Bollywood Actor)
|Husband||Ajay Devgan, Actor (1999-present)
|Marriage Date||24 February 1999|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz SUV
|Salary (approx.)||9-12 crore/film (INR)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$16 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kajol
- Does Kajol Smoke?: No
- Does Kajol drink alcohol?: No
- Kajol is half Bengali and half Maharashtrian.
- She can speak Marathi, but she struggles in speaking Bengali.
- She started acting at an early age of 16, while she was doing her schooling.
- In 1992, during a portfolio shoot the team planned to remove her brow from the middle. But, Mickey Contractor (Bollywood makeup artist) suggested the team that her unibrow or joined eyebrows is a unique feature and shouldn’t be removed.
- She met her husband for the first time on the sets of the film Gundaraj (1995) in Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra). She didn’t like him initially, but after 15 days of the shoot, both fell in love with each other.
- She holds a joint record with her aunt and yesteryear actress Nutan for winning the Best Actress Filmfare Awards 5 times.
- She is the cousin of Bollywood stars like Rani Mukerji, Sharbani Mukherji, Raj Mukherjee and Mohnish Bahl.
- If not an actress, she would have been a psychiatrist.
- She considers her negative role as Isha Diwan in the film Gupt (1997) as her toughest role till date. And for this film, she became the first Indian actress to win a Filmfare Award for a negative role.
- She got pregnant for the first time in 2001, however, she suffered a miscarriage.
- Being an actress, she is also a social activist and is known for her work with widows and children.
- In 2006, miniature dolls of her, Priyanka Chopra, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan were launched in the United Kingdom.
- She also received a Karamveer Puraskar award in 2008 for her social work.
- She is an avid reader.
- She cannot cook at all.
- She is a socialite and loves to hang out with ladies much elder than her.
- She was offered a role in 3 idiots (2009), but she refused the offer as she was not happy with the role.
- In 2010, she and Shah Rukh Khan became the first Indian actors to be invited by NASDAQ to open the American stock exchange.
- She was honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri Award in 2011.
- Her biggest hit Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) holds the record of reaching 1000+ consecutive weeks screening in a single cinema – Maratha Mandir in Mumbai.
- She prefers online shopping and is not brand conscious.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)