|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||U-19- 12 August 2017 against England U19 at Hove,
ODI- 31 January 2019 against New Zealand at Hamilton
Test- 26 December 2020 against Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground
T20- 3 January 2023 against Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium
|Jersey Number||#77 (India)
|Records (main ones)||Highest score of 330 runs in Punjab’s Under-16 district-level tournament in 2010
In 2017, he became the 4th youngest cricketer for Punjab to hit a first-class century in Ranji Trophy
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 351 runs in the Youth ODI series against England|
|Date of Birth||8 September 1999|
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Fazilka, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jaimal Singh Wala Village, Jalalabad Tehsil, Firozepur District, Punjab, India|
|School||Manav Mangal Smart School, Mohali, Punjab|
|Family||Father- Lakhwinder Singh Gill (Agriculturist)
Mother- Kirat Gill
Sister- Shahneel Kaur Gill (Elder)
|Address||A bungalow in Sector 48, Chandigarh Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sara Tendulkar (rumoured) The Indian Express
• Sara Ali Khan (rumoured) The Indian Express
|Cricketers||Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli|
- Shubman started playing cricket at a very young age.
- He grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman on television which aspired him to be a cricketer.
- His father also wanted to become a cricketer but never got the opportunity.
- After seeing the interest of Shubman towards cricket, his family moved from Fazilka to Mohali where he rented a house near the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium.
- At the age of 11, he was selected in the Under-16 Punjab cricket team to play at the district-level. In his debut series, he scored maximum runs of 330 in five games and made a record.
- In 2014, he scored more than 200 runs in his first Vijay Merchant Trophy Under-16 Punjab state-level match.
- He also scored 351 runs in the Inter-District Under-16 Punjab cricket tournament ML Markan Trophy and at the district level, he shared a world record opening partnership of 587 runs along with Nirmal Singh.
- He was honoured with the M.A. Chidambaram Trophy from the BCCI for the best under-16 cricketer for his successful season 2013-2014.
- In 2017, he made his List A debut against the Vidarbha cricket team in Delhi.
- In the same year, he got selected in India’s Under-19 cricket team and played his first match against England in the Youth ODI series. In this series, he scored 351 runs and became the Man of the Series.
- He was named as the vice-captain of the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2018, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) bought him for Rs. 1.8 crore at the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
- He is a bit superstitious and always keeps a red handkerchief while batting.
- In May 2023, it was revealed that the cricketer had dubbed for the Hindi and Punjabi versions of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse; he voiced the character of Pavitr Prabhakar, also known as the Indian Spider-Man in the film.
CRICKETER SHUBMAN GILL IS VOICE OF ‘SPIDER-MAN’ IN INDIA… #Indian cricketer #ShubmanGill has lent his voice for #SpiderMan [will be called Pavitr Prabhakar in #India]… Yes, the young cricketer has dubbed for the #Hindi and #Punjabi versions of #SpiderManAcrossTheSpiderVerse.… pic.twitter.com/sa6UNLrPpx
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) May 8, 2023
- In June 2023, on the sidelines of the promotion of ‘Spiderman,’ Gill went on a ‘romantic’ date with social media influencer Niharika NM.
- While playing for Gujarat Titans in the Tata IPL 2023, Shubman Gill won the Orange Cap after tallying 890 runs in 17 matches in the season. He became only the third batter to score in excess of 800 runs in a single season of the IPL. Gill also registered the second-highest run tally in a single edition of the tournament; Virat Kohli scored 973 runs in 2016. Sportstar He was also awarded the title of ‘Gamechanger’ and ‘Most Valuable Player’ of the tournament in the 2023 IPL season. Money Control
- In October 2023, Shubman Gill was named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for September 2023, making him the first Indian player to receive the ICC award more than once. India Today
- In November 2023, Shubman Gill took the top spot in the ICC Men’s Batting Rankings for ODIs, replacing Pakistan’s Babar Azam. The Economic Times