Age: 21 Years
Height: 5' 10"
|Full Name||Shubman Gill|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||U-19- 12 August 2017 against England U19 at Hove,
ODI- 31 January 2019 against New Zealand at Hamilton
Test- 26 December 2020 against Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground
T20- Yet to make
|Jersey Number||#77 (India U-19)|
|Records (main ones)||Highest score of 330 runs in Punjab’s Under-16 district-level tournament in 2010
In 2017, he became the 4th youngest cricketer for Punjab to hit a first-class century in Ranji Trophy
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 351 runs in the Youth ODI series against England|
|Date of Birth||8 September 1999|
|Age (as of 2020)||21 Years|
|Birthplace||Fazilka, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jaimal Singh Wala Village, Jalalabad Tehsil, Firozepur District, Punjab, India|
|School||Manav Mangal Smart School, Mohali, Punjab|
|Family||Father- Lakhwinder Singh Gill (Agriculturist)
Mother- Kirat Gill
Sister- Shahneel Kaur Gill (Elder)
|Address||A bungalow in Sector 48, Chandigarh Indian Express|
|Cricketers||Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli|
- Shubman started playing cricket at a very young age.
- He grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman on television which aspired him to be a cricketer.
- His father also wanted to become a cricketer but never got the opportunity.
- After seeing the interest of Shubman towards cricket, his family moved from Fazilka to Mohali where he rented a house near the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium.
- At the age of 11, he was selected in the Under-16 Punjab cricket team to play at the district-level. In his debut series, he scored maximum runs of 330 in five games and made a record.
- In 2014, he scored more than 200 runs in his first Vijay Merchant Trophy Under-16 Punjab state-level match.
- He also scored 351 runs in the Inter-District Under-16 Punjab cricket tournament ML Markan Trophy and at the district level, he shared a world record opening partnership of 587 runs along with Nirmal Singh.
- He was honoured with the M.A. Chidambaram Trophy from the BCCI for the best under-16 cricketer for his successful season 2013-2014.
- In 2017, he made his List A debut against the Vidarbha cricket team in Delhi.
- In the same year, he got selected in India’s Under-19 cricket team and played his first match against England in the Youth ODI series. In this series, he scored 351 runs and became the Man of the Series.
- He was named as the vice-captain of the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2018, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) bought him for Rs. 1.8 crore at the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
- He is a bit superstitious and always keeps a red handkerchief while batting.