|Social Media Celebrity, Actress, Former Content Writer
|Playing the fictional character "Billi Maasi" in iDiva's videos
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|TV: Son of Abish (2014)
|Date of Birth
|19 September 1989 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|She did her schooling from a school in South Delhi.
|• Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi University
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
|• Graduation in English Literature from Indraprastha College for Women
• Bachelor of Design from National Institute of Fashion Technology
|Kusha once got a backlash for stereotyping women in her videos, especially the South Delhi girls.
|Relationships & More
|Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia
|Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia (Employee at Diageo) (m.2017; div. 2023)
Note: In June 2023, they parted ways after six years of marriage. The Times of India
|Names Not Known
|Chicken Wings, Sushi Platter
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kusha Kapila
- Kusha grew up in North Delhi and did her schooling in South Delhi.
- She did theatres in college and used to take part in the street plays.
- Initially, she wanted to become a journalist.
- After completing her graduation, Kusha joined the Bhartiya International Company as a Merchandising Intern for 3 months.
- Subsequently, she worked as a Product Design Intern at Chisell Effects, Noida.
- She started her career as a Fashion Correspondent for a Delhi-based firm, Apparel Online in 2013.
- Next, she worked as a Trend Analyst and Content Writer at Fashion Forward Trends.
- She has also worked as a Copywriter, Digital Content Head, and Content Developer at different organisations.
- In 2016, she moved to Times Internet and worked there as a Fashion Editor.
- Thereafter, she joined iDiva as a writer and ended up working there as a fashion editor. At iDiva, Kapila started creating videos with her fellow employees. She created a fictional character “Billi Massi,” an elite, opinionated South Delhi woman, which received immense popularity from the audience.
- Kusha took the idea of her popular character “Billi Masi” from a lady that she met in real life. Kusha came across that lady at a friend’s relatives’ party at Chattarpur Farms in Delhi.
- Subsequently, she started portraying different characters in her YouTube videos.
- Kapila loves doing poetry and has made a small poetry section titled “Kavita Ki Kavita.”
- She is fluent in Hindi and English languages.
- She has featured on the covers of magazines like “Harper’s Bazaar.”
- Kapila is passionate about philanthropy and is associated with NGOs like VoLIndia and Naz Foundation (India) Trust.
- Kusha met Karan Johar for the first time during a fashion week in Mumbai. When she reached the venue, she was amazed to see Karan waving at her and saying that he was a big fan of Kusha.
- Kusha has a huge fan following on social media with celebrities like Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, and Arjun Kapoor following her on Instagram.
- In her leisure time, she likes listening to music, watching films, and swimming.
- In August 2023, weeks after announcing her separation from her estranged husband Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia, she shared a long emotional note on Instagram in which she wrote that she had been experiencing grief since the separation. She wrote,
It’s a weird thing, this grief or whatever version of it I am currently experiencing. As overcome I am by its heaviness – I guess chest days feel like this – I am also strangely dwarfed by it, to the point of feeling like an injured nail on a pinky toe. Almost like a big bang in motion, only it’s on a microscope slide.” India Today