|Other name||NikkieTutorials HelloGiggles|
|Profession||Beauty vlogger, makeup artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 189 cm
in meters- 1.89 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 2”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Grey|
|Debut||TV: The Big Escape (2017)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• In 2017, Forbes magazine named Nikkie de Jager one of the top ten beauty influencers
• Winner at 9th Annual Shorty Awards (2017) in the category of Youtube Guru
• Winner at Teen Choice Awards (2017) in the category of Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty
• Nominated at E! People's Choice Awards (2018) in the category of The Beauty Influencer of 2018
• Nominated WOWIE Awards (2020) in the category of Outstanding Twitter
• Nominated WOWIE Awards (2020) in the category of Outstanding YouTube
|Date of Birth||2 March 1994 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||26 Years|
|Hometown||Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands|
|College/University||B Academy, Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Educational Qualification||A hair & makeup course from B Academy, Amsterdam. Internet Archive|
|Tattoo(s)||• A "Always" tattoo inked on her left shoulder
• Various tattoos on her arms
|Controversies||• In 2017, Jeffree Star, an American makeup artist, accused Too Faced Cosmetics of underpaying NikkieTutorials for their collaboration. Also, she was supposed to be paid after six months, during which she wasn't allowed to work with other brands, but reportedly, she was paid by Too Faced after nine months. In addition to being underpaid, Nikkie also revealed that Too Faced had compromised the quality of the eyeshadow palette she launched in collaboration with the brand. In October 2019, Nikkie De Jager spoke about the controversy for the first time. She posted a note on her Twitter account which read: "I signed my contract with TF back then because I was naive & didn't know better. At the end of the day, I signed it, it's my own fault — but what I'll never forgive is that 'allegedly' they changed the palette's quality behind my back. 1000's of negative reviews & I was clueless." Insider
• On January 13, 2020, De Jager uploaded a video on her YouTube channel titled "I'm Coming Out" in which she revealed that she is transgender. In the video clip, she explained that at the age of fourteen, she started taking hormones and growth suppressor, and by nineteen, she got fully transitioned. Nikkie also told that she had been blackmailed by someone who threatened to make her assigned gender public. The video went viral on YouTube and received an overwhelmingly supportive response from fans, other YouTubers, and members of the LGBT community. BBC
• After her coming-out video became popular, Nikkie De Jager appeared as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she talked about her experience of revealing that she is transgender. Later, in an interview, she shared her experience of appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show stating that she was treated differently from other guests and that Ellen was cold and distant. According to Pop Crave, Nikkie de Jager told the Dutch outlet & C Magazine that she couldn't use the nearest bathroom on the sets of The Ellen DeGeneres Show because it was reserved for the Jonas Brothers. PopCrave
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Step-Father- Jeroen Spee
Mother- Saskia Spee (Owner of the Dutch cosmetics company Het Cosmeticahuis)
|Siblings||Brother-Emile de Jager
Step-brother- Ravi Spee
Step-brother- Mikai spee
|Assets/Properties||A house in Uden, Netherlands Dirt
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikkie de Jager
- Nikkie de Jager is a Dutch makeup artist and beauty vlogger who is best known for her YouTube channel ‘NikkieTutorials.’ In 2015, she came into the limelight with her YouTube video titled ‘The Power of Makeup’ which went viral and inspired many other people to show their faces with and without makeup.
- One day in 2008, she spent the whole day watching MTV’s The Hills, an American pseudo-reality television series, and got inspired by the beauty of the American actresses Audrina Patridge and Lauren Conrad who were the protagonists of the show. Thereafter, she decided to copy their Californian beauty and pursue a career in cosmetology.
- As she was obsessed with Lauren Conrad’s eyeliner, she began searching YouTube for tutorials to recreate the Lauren Conrad look and came across Sandy Gold’s ‘Wake Up and Makeup’ video. In an interview, she said,
I saw Sandy Gold and she did “Wake Up and Make Up,” and she literally filmed herself getting out of bed to do her makeup to look like Lauren Conrad. I was obsessed…So I found this entire world of beauty gurus doing tutorials, which was really small back then. That’s when I started practicing, going to the drugstore, getting stuff — and that’s where it all began.
- Later, Nikkie started filming her own makeup tutorials and uploaded them on her YouTube channel ‘NikkieTutorials.’ Although, the initial videos uploaded on her YouTube channel failed to impress the audience and received very few views, she did not give up on her dream of becoming a beautician and signed up for a makeup course. In 2008, she uploaded her first YouTube video, “Makeup Tutorial; My first official Look for YT.”
- Eventually, NikkieTutorials became the most subscribed and most-watched beauty channel in The Netherlands, and she got contacted by the makeup artist Pascale Tesser who was then teaching makeup at B Academy, Amsterdam.
- In 2010, she enrolled herself in a makeup course by Pascale Tesser at B Academy. Later, she also pursued the Hair on the Set: Level 1 Course at B Academy.
- In 2011, she joined Pascale Tesser’s Colourfool Agency and worked as a make-up artist for various television series like Hollands & Benelux’s Next Top Model, Miljoenenjacht, and The Face. She also worked for fashion magazines like Marie Claire, Linda, Talkies, and Fashionista.
- To achieve supremacy in hairstyling, in 2013, Nikkie pursued a course at WE-R Agency’s Hair School. Later, in the same year, she became the head-makeup artist for ‘I Can Make You a Supermodel,’ a fashion reality series.
- In 2014, she left Pascale Tesser’s Colourfool Agency and became a freelance hair & makeup artist.
- In 2015, she gained popularity with her YouTube video “The Power of Makeup” in which she painted her half face with makeup and left the other half bare in order to prove that makeup is just for fun, and that using it has nothing to do with hating your natural face or having low self-esteem.
- In 2016, she collaborated with Too Faced Cosmetics and launched a range of products inspired by “The Power of Makeup” video which included a black stretch marker, a liquid liner, an eye shadow palette, etc. Later, she also collaborated with cosmetic brands like Ofra and Maybelline.
- In 2017, she made her television debut with the Dutch game show The Big Escape in which the participants compete with and against each other in order to get out of the so-called escape rooms.
- Thereafter, she appeared as a participant on various reality TV shows, like Wie is de Mol? (2019), Weet Ik Veel (2019), Thank You For The Music (2019), etc.
- In January 2019, Nikkie de Jager became the first-ever global artistry adviser for Marc Jacobs Beauty, a high-end cosmetic brand.
- In 2019, she uploaded a makeup tutorial video with the popular American singer Lady Gaga to promote her makeup brand Haus Laboratories, a vegan and cruelty-free cosmetics brand.
- In August 2019, she got engaged to her boyfriend Dylan Drossaers who proposed to her while they were on a vacation in Italy.
- In May 2020, she co-hosted the show Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light. In August 2020, Nikkie De Jager launched her own eyeshadow palette in collaboration with the cosmetic brand Beauty Bay.
- In 2020, she was the winner of the Dutch reality television game show Wie is de Mol? (2020).
- On 12 July 2020, Nikkie de Jager announced in a Youtube video uploaded on her channel that will be the next Dutch goodwill ambassador of the United Nations.