|Famous Role||Being the ex-wife of Bhagwant Mann|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Political Inclination||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Punjab Vasda Guran De Naa Te's Facebook Page
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Divorced Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile|
|Husband/Spouse||Bhagwant Mann (comedian, actor, politician)
|Children||Together, Bhagwant Mann and Inderpreet Kaur have a son and a daughter.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Inderpreet Kaur
- Inderpreet Kaur is the ex-wife of the well-known Punjabi comedian Bhagwant Mann, who, as the chief ministerial candidate of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), won the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly elections.
- When Mann ventured into politics in 2011 by joining the Peoples’ Party of Punjab (PPP), Inderpreet actively participated in PPP’s political rallies and accompanied Mann in its campaigns.
- Later, Mann joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and contested from the Sangrur Lok Sabha constituency of Punjab during the 2014 Indian general elections. As an aide to her politician husband, Inderpreet extensively toured around the villages of Sangrur delivering speeches in favour of AAP to help Mann win.
Inderpreet extravagantly celebrated Mann’s victory, by 211,721 votes, in the elections.
- In March 2015, Inderpreet and Bhagwant made headlines when they filed an application for divorce under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, the decree of divorce by mutual consent, in a SAS Nagar court.
Since then, Inderpreet, along with her children, lives in California, US, meanwhile Mann oscillates between Delhi and Mohali in India.
- A post on Bhagwant Mann’s Facebook account exhibited that his divorce wasn’t particularly due to personal problems and that he chose Punjab over his family. Mann, who is known for his oratory in Parliament, posted a poem on his Facebook Account, which read,
Jo latkeya si chiran ton o hal ho geya,
Court ch eh faisla kal ho geya,
Ek passay parivar, dujje passay si parivar,
Main tan yarro Punjab de wal ho geya.”
(A long-pending issue has been resolved. The court decided yesterday. I had to choose between one family and the other. I decided to go with Punjab)
- The news of Inderpreet and Mann’s divorce came as a shock to many as the couple seemed to have a happy married life. In the aftermath of the divorce, many also accused Mann of using his divorce case to get political mileage.
- Inderpreet Kaur popped up in the media when Mann became the chief ministerial candidate of AAP in the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election.
- In February 2022, a resident of Nabha in Patiala district filed a complaint against Mann claiming that Mann had concealed his marital status in his election affidavit. The accuser claimed that Mann had put ‘not applicable’ in the spouse column despite the fact that he was not legally divorced. The complaint was sent to the Punjab chief electoral officer by Harkirat Singh Sakrali, who found that Bhagwant Mann and Inderpreet Kaur did not appear for the second motion statement after filing a petition for divorce in 2015. Therefore, no judgment for divorce was ever passed, as per the information available. The returning officer Ishmit Vijay Singh claimed that she had not received any complaint in the matter so far and that she wasn’t entitled to check the marital status of a candidate unless the candidate had a grave criminal background. The Times of India However, the seventeenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile of Bhagwant Mann, states that he is a divorcee. Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile
- Inderpreet Kaur is also referred to as Inderjeet Kaur Press Reader- Hindustan Times and Inderjit Kaur Nav Bharat Times by some media houses.