Niranjan Pujari Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 62 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Biju Janata Dal (BJD)
|Political Journey||Member of Legislative Assembly
• 2000: Contested and won the Odisha Legislative Assembly elections from the Binka constituency on a ticket from Biju Janta Dal (BJD)
• 2004: Won the Odisha Legislative Assembly elections from the Binka constituency
• 2009: Won the Odisha Legislative Assembly elections from the Sonepur constituency
• 2014: Won the Odisha Legislative Assembly elections from the Sonepur constituency
• 2019: Won the Odisha Legislative Assembly elections from the Sonepur constituency
• 10 May 2011 - 2 August 2012: He served as the Minister of Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare.
• 10 February 2012 - 2 August 2012: Niranjan served as the Minister of Science and Technology.
• 2 August 2012 - 21 May 2014: He served as the Minister of Industries and Minister of Excise.
• 7 May 2017 - 28 May 2019: He held the portfolio of the Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs.
• 7 May 2017 - 2 March 2018: He served as the Minister of Industries for the second time.
• 3 March 2018 - 28 May 2019: Niranjan served as the Minister of Water Resources.
• 29 May 2019 - 4 June 2022: He served as the Minister of Excise for the second time.
• 5 June 2022: He held the portfolio of the Minister of Finance.
• 5 June 2022: Niranjan Pujari was appointed as the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.
• 2023: Following the assassination of the Health and Family Welfare Minister of Odisha, Naba Kishore Das, Niranjan was allotted the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Speaker of Odisha Legislative Assembly
26 May 2014: Niranjan Pujari was appointed as the Speaker of the Odisha Legislative Assembly anonymously.
2017: Following the announcement of the reshuffle of the council of ministers by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Niranjan resigned from his post. In an interview, Niranjan refused to disclose the reason behind his resignation, but he mentioned that he wanted to devote more time to the people of his constituency. The Times of India
• Member: Niranjan Pujari held membership in many committees including Committee on Public Undertakings (2000-2001), House Committee on Rehabilitation (2002-2003), Committee on Members’ Amenities (2005-2006), Select Committee on the Orissa Excise Bill, 2005 (2006-2007), and House Committee on Railways (2012-2013).
• Chairman: He served as the chairman of many committees such as the Standing Committee on Energy, Revenue and Excise (2006-2008).
|Date of Birth||31 January 1961 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Sambalpur, also known as Sonepur, Odisha|
|College/University||• Gangadhar Meher University in Sambalpur, Odisha
• L. R. Law College in Sambalpur, Odisha
|Educational Qualification MyNeta||• Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) from Gangadhar Meher University (1981)
• LLB from L. R. Law College (1984)
|Caste||Brahmin e-Magazine Odisha Government|
|Address||Village Rampur, PO/PS Rampur, Dist- Subarnapur, Pin 767045, Odisha
|Relationships & More|
|Children||He has two daughters.|
|Parents||Father- Radheshyam (deceased) alias Malu Pujari alias Pujhari
• Cash: Rs. 9,54,885.94
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 67,97,400.5
• LIC/Other Insurance Policies: Rs. 18,96,410
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 10,90,610
• Jewellery: Rs. 18,72,800
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 39,77,732
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 2,79,645
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 75,10,600
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2019. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor). MyNeta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 2 crores
Note: The net worth was for the financial year 2019. It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors). MyNeta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Niranjan Pujari
- Niranjan Pujari is an Indian advocate-turned-politician who has represented the Binka and Sonepur constituencies in Odisha Legislative Assembly. He is known for being soft-spoken and grounded.
- Being an advocate, Niranjan is inclined towards learning about laws.
- He likes to take part in cultural activities and is a member of Gangadhar Meher Sahitya Ekademic in Rampur, Odisha.
- He once served as the Director of Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC).
- Niranjan has an interest in sports and clubs. He is an ex-member of Sambalpur University’s football team.
- Niranjan contributes to social welfare and is associated with many aid organisations including ‘UTSARGA,’ a blood donation association in Sambalpur, Odisha and ‘Nikhila Orissa Chhatra Andolon.’ Niranjan serves as the president of Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, a private special education school in Rampur, Odisha.
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑3||e-Magazine Odisha Government|