Hometown: Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh
Age: 51 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Black (semi-bald)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• 2005-2019: Municipal Corporator for Karimnagar
• 2014: Contested in the State Assembly elections as a BJP candidate but did not win
• 2018: Contested in the State Assembly elections as a BJP candidate but did not win
• 23 May 2019: Elected as a member of Lok Sabha from Karimnagar constituency
• 11 March 2020: President of Bharatiya Janata Party, Telangana
|Date of Birth||11 July 1971 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh (now Telangana)|
|Hometown||Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Sri Saraswathi Shishu Mandir Unnatha Patasala, Karimnagar|
|College/University||Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualification||MA in public administration (discontinued) Lok Sabha.nic.in|
|Address||H.No. 2-10-1525(New), 2-10-1145(old), Jyothinagar, Karimnagar,505001|
|Controversies||Involvement in the SSC paper leak case
On 6 April 2023, he was sent to judicial custody till April 19 in the SSC paper leak case. After his detention, many of his party members said that the police did not give clear reasons to detain him. Many BJP workers gathered around the police station and protested his detention and raised slogans against Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao. They demanded to release Sanjay. They also said that it was a conspiracy by the Telangana government because the BRS party wanted to cover up their failures regarding school and job examinations. According to the police, the main accused in the paper leak was a person named Shiv Ganesh who shared the paper on WhatsApp. The paper was later received by a journalist Boora Prashant who shared the news with various media outlets. The Chief Minister KCR and the BRS party were trying their best to link the journalist with BJP. He was granted bail on the night of 6 April 2023 by a Hanamkonda court in the Warangal district. Telangana Today
Violation of COVID-19 norms
In January 2022, he was taken into 14-day judicial remand for allegedly violating Covid-19 norms and assaulting a public servant. He was taken in remand when he took out a 'Jagarana' protest (a night vigil) for the teachers and other government employees against the government's GO3317 rule which stated zonal system in the allocation of jobs and transfers. More than 150 BJP members were arrested along with him. After their arrests, there were protests from leaders like national president J P Nadda and Union minister G Kishan Reddy. Sanjay was produced in court on charges of violating provisions of the Disaster Management Act, Indian Penal Code Section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by a public servant) and Section 333 of the IPC (voluntarily causing grievous hurt to deter public servant from his duty). The News Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
Bandi Sai Bhageerath
|Parents||Father- B. Narsayya
Mother- B. Sakuntala
• Bandi Sravan Kumar
• Name Not Known
Sister- Kaveti Shylaja
• Cash: Rs. 4,40,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 5,46,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 11,10,000 My Neta
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2019. It includes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor).
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 9 Lakh
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2019. It includes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor). My Neta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bandi Sanjay Kumar
- Bandi Sanjay Kumar is an Indian politician and businessman known for being a Member of the Lok Sabha from the Karimnagar constituency since 2019. In 2020, he was appointed as the state president of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Telangana. He is also a board member of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bibinagar, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- He joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh when he was twelve years old.
- When he was in college, he was part of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and worked as the town president and a state executive member of the organization. He was also the town secretary, town president, national secretary of Kerala and in charge of Tamil Nadu for the organization.
- From 1994-2003, he served as Director of The Karimnagar Co-operative Urban Bank.
- In 1996, Bandi helped in campaigning for BJP leader LK Advani‘s Surat Rath Yatra for 35 days.
- In 2019, when he won the General elections, many people thought that his win was shocking because his opponents were politically stable. He became one of four Bharatiya Janata Party MPs from Telangana.
- In 2020, when the film RRR was announced, Sanjay threatened S. S. Rajamouli and said that his party workers would burn the theatres which will broadcast the movie. He demanded that the character of Komaram Bheem should not be seen wearing a Muslim outfit in the film. In his defence, Rajamouli said that the picture was based on Komaram Bheem and Alluri Sitarama Raju‘s character but was not a biopic. Later in 2023, when the song ‘Natu Natu’ from the film RRR won the Oscar award, he congratulated the makers on Twitter.
- In November 2022, he filed a petition in the High Court after the police denied him permission for the fifth phase of his ‘Praja Sangrama Yatra’ and a public meeting in the Bhainsa town of Nirmal district. According to the police, the reason to stop him was the communally sensitive situation in the area. To stop him from going for the yatra, police personnel were posted near his house in Karimnagar. After the incident, he took to Twitter and posted that he would take the matter to court.
- In January 2023, his elder son Bhageerath was accused of assaulting a student at his university. He was later released on bail.