Ocean Sharma Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||• PUBG Mobile commentator
• Content creator
• eSports analyst
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 28 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Debut||OTT: Gamer's Den (2022) on MX Player
|Awards||2022: Best Caster of the Year Award
2018: PUBG Content Creator Award
2007: ISTSE award from Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
|Date of Birth||26 April 1996 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|College/University||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering|
|Hobbies||Reading books, playing online games, cooking|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name not known|
|Parents||His father works in an engineering department in Punjab, India, and his mother is a lecturer.|
|Street food||Pani puri|
|eGamer(s)||Naman 'Soul Mortal' Mathur, Nischay 'Triggered Insaan' Malhan|
|Online game||Battlegrounds Mobile India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ocean Sharma
- Ocean Sharma is an Indian PUBG Mobile commentator, content creator, and eSports analyst. He has cast various major PUBG Mobile events including PMIT (2019), PMCO Fall Split South Asia (2019), and PMCO Spring Split (2021).
- Ocean used to play cassette games such as Super Mario on his old console when he was young.
- When he was studying in school, he won a gold medal in Science Olympiad.
- In 2011, he won the Thinkquest contest and was awarded by Steve Jobs for the same in San Francisco.
- When he was studying in school, he took part in theatre plays. In an interview, Ocean revealed that through the theatre he learnt the art of storytelling.
- Ocean wanted to pursue Aeronautical Engineering and a postgraduate doctoral degree in Astronomical physics; however, he graduated with a Mechanical Engineering from Panjab University in Chandigarh.
- In 2018, he created his own YouTube channel where he began uploading screen recordings of games and teaching the viewers about certain aspects such as game mechanics.
- In 2018, he auditioned for Mr India’s contest., which was held in Chandigarh.
- In 2019, Ocean went to Delhi to watch the first PUBG Mobile semi-pro tournament series and got fascinated following which he applied for casting opportunities for various tournament series.
- Ocean debuted as a caster in the PUBG Mobile tournament ‘Battle Adda II – Battle of Indian Streamers’ which he co-hosted along with Faizan Momin. It was after this tournament that he started receiving casting opportunities for famous gaming competitions in India.
- In an interview, Ocean revealed that he took a small break from his academics and taught science & maths to students of 11th and 12th classes. He further added,
I started gaming professionally in 2019. At that time, I was doing two jobs – one was gaming and the other was teaching maths to 11th and 12th grade students. I didn’t have much to do after tuition classes so I would just be gaming for three-four hours. And then I gave up teaching to follow my passion in gaming.”
- Ocean has also cast for Valorant tournaments. He is a Hindi commentator for PUBG Mobile Global Championship 2021: League – East and PUBG Mobile Global Championship 2021: Grand Finals. He was also one of the English casters in the PUBG Mobile Pro League – South Asia Spring 2022.
- Ocean is a resident host for the YouTube channel Red Bull Game On, which is dedicated to the Indian gaming community.
- In 2022, he was listed among the Hindi commentators for Sony Ten’s show Ultimate Kho Kho 2022.
- Ocean worked as a content creator with Orange Rock Esports; however, he parted ways after working there for more than a year.
- He worked as a Team Analyst for Skylightz Gaming and later, GodLike Esports, an Indian eSports organisation, for a short while to help their team perform better in the PUBG Mobile Global Championship 2021 on which Ocean commented,
I will be there to guide and communicate with GodLike Esports regularly for the PMGC Grand Finals 2021.”
- In an interview, while talking about competing in the PUBG Mobile India Tour 2019, Ocean said,
Very few people in the community are aware that I competed at the first PMIT back in 2019. The contest was divided into four groups, and I was in group A with my team, WARP. I was supposed to cast the matches from Group C onwards. However, the circumstances were such that one of my teammates, who now represents India in chess, was not allowed to compete further by his family, so we had to withdraw our name. This was also why my casting began a little early.”
- He is fond of sneakers and watches, and often shares his new purchases on his social media.
- According to Ocean, his forte is ‘fighting games.’
- In 2022, Ocean Sharma and Naman “Mortal” Mathur were mentioned as examples in a chapter titled Lucrative Career in the Field of Esports in India in a book by DAV Chandigarh College called Nirmata.
- In an interview, Ocean revealed that he cleared NDA exams a couple of times and said,
I’ve cleared NDA’s written exam a couple of times, but unfortunately, I was conferenced out each time. Apart from that, I’ve given a lot of Olympiads, and in 2007, I secured 7th rank in the International Science Talent Search Examination conducted by Putani Vignana.”
- According to Ocean’s Instagram account, he is also a theatre artist.
- In an interview, Ocean talked about his love for astronomy and also said that he wanted to write a book on astrophysics.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often shares his fitness regimen on social media.