Hometown: Mangalore, Karnataka
Caste: Roman Catholic Brahmin
Age: 37 Years
|Famous For||Hosting the show Urban Debate on Mirror Now|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Debut||Reporter: CNBC News-18 (2003)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Journalist of the Year Award by Redlink Awards on 15 May 2018
• News Anchor of the Year Award by the International Advertising Association (IAA) on 27 July 2018
• Rachna Award by the Rachna Organization on 16 October 2018
• The Opinion Maker of the Year Award by Vogue India on 1 November 2018
• The face of the Year Award by the Kanara Catholic Association (KCA) on 9 December 2018
• Award for News Television's "Editor-in-Chief of the Year" by the News Broadcasting Awards on 15 February 2019
|Date of Birth||8 October 1981, Thursday|
|Age (as in 2018)||37 Years|
|School||Local school of Bangalore, Karnataka|
|College/University||• Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
• Convergence Institute of Media, Management, and Information Technology Studies (COMMITS), Bengaluru
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
• Bachelor of Journalism from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru in 2001
• Master's Degree in Mass Communication from COMMITS, Bengaluru in 2004
|Caste||Roman Catholic Brahmin|
|Hobbies||Swimming & Travelling|
|Controversies||• Once while on a debate about equality, a guest on Faye's show remarked about her clothes. Maulana Yasoob Abbas commented that Faye should show up to work in her underwear if she wants to be considered equal to men. Faye did not get enraged but she answered him calmly that- "Let me tell you, Maulana Ji. Aap jaise bahut dekhe hai. I'm not afraid or threatened by you, and most of all, I'm not rattled by you". Her statement went viral and the Maulana was criticized over social media about his remarks. Faye was lauded for keeping her calm and composure.
• During her debate on the Padmavati debate, she lashed out on Ajith Singh of the Karni Sena. Ajith had remarked that the Karni Sena will not let anyone watch the film Padmavati. To this statement, Faye replied- "Who the fuck are you? Aapse seekhne ki kisi ko zarurat nahi hai. Aapki aukaat hi kya hai kuch sikhane ki?"
• On 4 March 2018, she retweeted the cover photo of Grihlakshmi Magazine. The cover had a woman breastfeeding her child and the taboos involved along with it. Faye retweeted the pic stating that there are separate private enclosures for smoking at the airports but no provisions for breastfeeding a baby. Following which, the official website of Mumbai airport replied- "There are specialized childcare rooms available at the airports to take care of your young ones". Many other users also replied that there are such facilities in all the major airports of India. Faye faced a lot of criticism for being an editor-in-chief of a news channel and not being aware of such basic facts.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||3 September 2010|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Favourite Food||Dal & Chicken Curry|
|Favourite Actor||Rishi Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress||Kubra Sait
|Salary (approx.)||60 Lacs INR per annum|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Faye D’Souza
- Faye D’Souza is a prominent Indian journalist. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Mirror Now. She hosts the popular show Urban Debate on Mirror Now.
- Faye started her career in journalism when she was in college. She joined the All India Radio (AIR). She used to read the news for AIR Bangalore.
- While completing her post-graduate in mass communication, she worked as an intern in CNBC-TV18. She worked in financial journalism.
- She, later, took up a job in the Times Television Network’s subsidiary channel ET Now. It was the financial channel of Times Now.
- She used to host 3 shows in ET Now. The Investor’s Guide, the Urban Debate, and the Property Guide.
- She had a special interest in hosting shows which focused on women investors’ and their progress.
- She was transferred to “Magicbricks Now” from ET Now. The channel was focused on the news about the real estate.
- Magicbricks Now was later renamed as Mirror Now.
- Even though she was transferred, her shows were popular among the investors. Times Now let her continue her shows on Mirror Now.
- Once in an interview when she was asked what was different about Mirror Now than any other news channel, she replied-
Mirror Now focuses on the real issues and the issues which are overlooked by media due to a trending story. This is what makes Mirror Now different. Our mandate is to focus on the citizen. The stories I run would never run on primetime shows”.
- She once stated that her marriage ceremony was so simple that the entire ceremony expenses costed only 33 INR.
- She is a supporter of the LGBTQ Community. She often visits the Gay Pride Parades and also invites members of the LGBTQ community to her shows; to shatter the stereotypes about the community.
- She is a dog lover. She has a pet dog named Thor.