|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||17 August 1989 (Friday)|
|Birthplace||Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||24 December 2021|
|Age (at the time of death)||32 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest Hindustan Times|
|Hometown||Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||St. Francis Inter College, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science (2007-2011) The Economic Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||2 December 2020
|Parents||Father- Rajneesh Srivastava (bank manager)
Mother- Preeti Srivastava (doctor)
|Siblings||Brother- Pranay Shrivastava (Chief Strategy Officer at Pankhuri)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pankhuri Shrivastava
- Pankhuri Shrivastava was an Indian entrepreneur. She was the founder of ‘Pankhuri,’ a women exclusive online platform.
- She was born and brought up in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- After completing her graduation, she won the Miss Jhansi title in 2011.
- Even after getting good jobs in campus placement and topping the MICA exams (entrance exam for MBA), she decided to work for the program Teach for India program in Mumbai and worked there for two years.
- Pankhuri co-founded ‘Grabhouse’ a no brokerage rentals platform in Mumbai in September 2012, which was sold to Quickr, an Indian online marketplace and classified advertising company, in 2016. She worked as Assistant Vice President-Marketing with Quickr in Bengaluru, Karnataka, for almost one and a half years.
- She started working as a marketing strategy consultant with ‘ZestMoney,’ a Bangalore-based buy now, pay later platform, in March 2018.
- After working there for a year, in September 2019, she started a woman exclusive online platform ‘Pankhuri’ which provided a platform for women to participate in various internet-based clubs and socialise with each other. For the project, she raised around $3.2 million by the accelerator programme, Surge for the Startup by Sequoia Capital.
- She used to love reading books, and she had read more than 5000 books.
- She did her training in the Indian classical dance form.
- She did a TV commercial, and she wanted to work in Hindi films.
- Pankhuri used to remain away from the media and had less interaction with the media.
- During an interview, while talking about her, Kalaari Capital’s Vani Kola said,
She felt that the spirit of Jhansi Ki Rani was in her blood. She was incredibly satisfied that she opened an office in Jhansi & gave opportunities to girls to work in jobs that gave them a strong identity. She was proud of these girls and how much they could do if only given an opportunity. I saw in Pankhuri a young woman who continued to inspire and give back generously.”
- Pankhuri had a red coloured Mercedes car.
- She was a dog lover and had two pet dogs.
- On 24 December 2021, she passed away after a cardiac arrest. The news of her demise was shared by the founder of Kalaari Capital, Vani Kola. She tweeted,
My heart reaches out to her family at this untimely tragedy. Her demise is a loss for our startup ecosystem. We lost a bright and young founder, but I know her legacy will live on. It was truly a privilege to know Pankhuri. Rest in peace, Pankhuri.”
- The Managing Director at Sequoia India, Rajan Anandan, tweeted,
Deeply saddened and shocked by this sudden loss. Pankhuri was so full of life, ideas and passion and had a missionary zeal. We loved having Pankhuri in our Surge family and will miss you so dearly. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family in this very difficult time.”