Age: 31 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Cheshire, England
|Profession(s)||• News Anchor
• Freelance Journalist
• Political Commentator
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’11”
|Eye Colour||Bright Green|
|Hair Colour||Light Ash Blonde|
|Awards||2019: 30 Under 30 Award by Radio Academy|
|Date of Birth||15 January 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Cheshire, England, UK|
|College/University||• The University of Nottingham, England
• The University of Law, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor's degree in politics from the University of Nottingham (2010-2013)
• Diploma in law at The University of Law (2020-2021) LinkedIn - Patrick Christys
|Ethnicity||Greek Cypriot-Irish GB News|
|Controversy||Return Britain’s £2.3 Billion
In August 2023, the remarkable success of ISRO's Chandrayaan-3 mission received global acclaim. Similarly, UK news presenter Patrick Christys praised India's achievement in its moon mission; however, some of his comments during the news broadcast stirred controversy. On his show on GB News, after extending his congratulations to India, Christys suggested that the country should think about repaying the 2.3 billion pounds of aid provided by Britain from 2016 to 2021. He said,
"I would like to congratulate India on landing on the dark side of the moon, I would also like now to invite India to return the 2.3 billion pounds (Rs 24,000 crore in Indian currency) foreign aid money that we sent them between 2016-2021. We are also set to give them 57 million pounds next year. We should not be giving money to countries with a space programme. As a rule, if you can afford to fire a rocket at the dark side of the moon, you shouldn’t coming to us with your hand out." The Free Press Journal
Following the widespread circulation of his video on social media, he faced intense trolling from Indian netizens. Hindustan Times In response to the backlash on social media, he uploaded the video of his Chandrayaan-3 commentary from the GB News channel on platform X and added the caption,
"I appear to have enraged Indian Twitter."
After he posted the video on X (formerly known as Twitter), numerous users responded by bringing up historical issues, demanding for the return of the Kohinoor diamond, and referring to the approximate $45 trillion that Britain is believed to have gained from India during its colonial era. The Times of India Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Fiancée||Emily Carver (news presenter, commentator, and columnist)
|Engagement Date||January 2023
|Parents||Father- Pater Christys
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts about Patrick Christys
- Patrick Christys is a British news anchor, freelance journalist, and political commentator, who stirred controversy after commenting on the success of India’s Chandrayaan-3 mission in August 2023.
- He attended a school in The Curry Mile in Rusholme, Manchester, England.
- He started his career in journalism as a local reporter for the Westmorland Gazette in Cumbria, covering a wide range of stories from murder trials to sheepdog trials.
- In 2013, he joined Trinity Mirror Group PLC as a reporter.
- After he quit his job at Trinity Mirror Group PLC, he moved to London and became a reporter and overnight editor for Express.co.uk and DailyStar.co.uk, simultaneously. He reported from the borders of Syria and Iraq and created a documentary about the migrant route from Morocco to Spain. His investigative stories on domestic terrorists were featured on the front pages of several national newspapers.
- In January 2017, he joined Sky News as a freelance political consultant. The following year, he became a freelance political commentator for talkRADIO, where he hosted the Drive Time show.
- He went on to become the head of content at Love Sport Radio in March 2019, where he also hosted the Breakfast Show.
- In 2019, he took part in the London Marathon.
- In 2021, he joined GB News as a host and political commentator.
- In 2022, he began hosting the talk show “Friday Night Feast.”
- He also appeared on the podcast series “Last Orders – a spiked podcast” in 2023.
- He smokes occasionally.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol in public.