Age: 46 Years
Hometown: Muzaffarpur, Bihar
Wife: Niti Chaudhary
|Profession(s)||Journalist, News Anchor, Editor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||7 June 1974|
|Age (as in 2020)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Hodal town in Palwal District, Haryana|
|Hometown||Hodal town in Palwal District, Haryana|
|College||Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi,
|Educational Qualifications||Diploma in Journalism, Bachelor of Arts|
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• In 2012, he was accused by the then Congress MP Naveen Jindal of trying to extort Rs 100 crore worth of advertisements from his company in return for dropping stories linking the Jindal group with Coalgate. Later, Chaudhary and Zee Business editor Samir Ahluwalia were arrested and sent to Tihar Jail.
• In December 2016, Sudhir Chaudhary and Zee News West Bengal correspondent and camera person Tanmay Mukherjee were booked by the Police for the coverage of Dhulagarh riot coverage. They were booked under section 153A of IPC (promoting enmity between different groups on basis of religion, caste, creed, language or place of birth.
• In May 2020, an F.I.R. was filed under non-bailable section 295 A of the IPC against Chaudhary at the Kozhikode Kasaba Police Station in Kerala for hurting religious sentiments of the Muslim community in his programme aired on Zee News on 11 March 2020. In the programme, Chaudhary allegedly targeted the country’s Muslims through the ‘jihad flow-chart’ he used in a bid to create religious tensions between different communities. While filing the F.I.R., Adv P Gavas, the state joint secretary of the All India Youth Federation (AIYF) of the CPI in Kerala, said, “The programme that this channel telecast is not rooted in a system that we believe in. We acknowledge and believe in the constitutional obligations towards all religions and the secular values of this country. This programme stands in stark contrast to such beliefs. It is against a particular religious community." Indian Express
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar|
|Salary (approx.)||25 Lakh INR per Month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudhir Chaudhary
- Does Sudhir Chaudhary smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sudhir Chaudhary drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sudhir Chaudhary is the senior editor and business head of Zee News where he hosts Daily News & Analysis (DNA). Over a period of two decades, he has worked at several Hindi and Marathi news channels.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in current affairs and often used to take part in debate competitions held in his school and college.
- Before coming into the field of journalism, he wanted to become a civil servant and had even prepared for the UPSC Examination; however, he couldn’t clear the exam.
- Sudhir joined Zee News in 1993 when it was just started and covered several prominent stories including the Kargil War and the 2001 Indian Parliament attack. He was a part of the media that covered the meeting at Islamabad between Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Pervez Musharraf after the terrorist attack.
- He left Zee News in 2003. He was instrumental in the launch of Sahara Samay, the Hindi news channel of the Sahara group. For short period of time, he also joined India TV. He again moved on and joined Live India and served as the Editor-in-chief for the channel. He returned in Zee News again in 2012. He hosts the popular prime time news show, Daily News & Analysis (DNA) on Zee News.
- In 2012, Congress MP Naveen Jindal accused Sudhir Chaudhary and Sameer Ahluwalia of trying to extort Rs 100 crore worth of advertisements from his company in return for dropping stories linking the Jindal group with Coalgate.
- Sudhir received Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in the “Hindi broadcast” category for 2013. He won the award for his interview with the friend of the Delhi December 16 gang-rape victim.
- Here’s an interesting video about Sudhir Chaudhary’s biography:
References/Sources: [ + ]