Age: 48 Years
Wife: Niti Chaudhary
Hometown: Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana
|Profession(s)||Journalist, News Anchor, Editor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||7 June 1974|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana|
|Hometown||Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana|
|College||Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi,
|Educational Qualifications||Diploma in Journalism, Bachelor of Arts|
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• In 2012, he was accused by the then Congress MP Naveen Jindal of trying to extort Rs 100 crore worth of advertisements from his company in return for dropping stories linking the Jindal group with Coalgate. Later, Chaudhary and Zee Business editor Samir Ahluwalia were arrested and sent to Tihar Jail.
• In December 2016, Sudhir Chaudhary and Zee News West Bengal correspondent and camera person Tanmay Mukherjee were booked by the Police for the coverage of Dhulagarh riot coverage. They were booked under section 153A of IPC (promoting enmity between different groups on basis of religion, caste, creed, language or place of birth.
• In May 2020, an F.I.R. was filed under non-bailable section 295 A of the IPC against Chaudhary at the Kozhikode Kasaba Police Station in Kerala for hurting religious sentiments of the Muslim community in his programme aired on Zee News on 11 March 2020. In the programme, Chaudhary allegedly targeted the country’s Muslims through the ‘jihad flow-chart’ he used in a bid to create religious tensions between different communities. While filing the F.I.R., Adv P Gavas, the state joint secretary of the All India Youth Federation (AIYF) of the CPI in Kerala, said, “The programme that this channel telecast is not rooted in a system that we believe in. We acknowledge and believe in the constitutional obligations towards all religions and the secular values of this country. This programme stands in stark contrast to such beliefs. It is against a particular religious community." Indian Express
• On 13 September 2023, Sudhir found himself at the center of a controversy when an FIR was registered against him at the Seshadripuram Police Station in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The allegations against him included conspiring to disrupt communal harmony and spreading misinformation during one of his shows on the Aaj Tak channel. The controversy originated from an episode that was aired on 11 September 2023, where Sudhir talked about the Karnataka government's subsidy scheme for commercial vehicles benefiting minority communities. During the show, he alleged that the government was favoring minorities by granting them access to the scheme, while excluding non-minority Hindus. As a result of these claims, a Karnataka Minorities Development Corporation official then filed a complaint at the police station, and Sudhir was booked under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The New Indian Express Sudhir Chaudhary, on the other hand, later took to X to address the matter and wrote,
Got information about an FIR against me by the Congress government in Karnataka. The answer to the question is FIR? That too with non-bailable sections. That means complete preparation for arrest. My question was why the Hindu community is not included in the self-reliant Sarathi scheme? I am ready for this fight also. Now meet in court."
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar|
|Salary (approx.)||25 Lakh INR per Month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudhir Chaudhary
- Does Sudhir Chaudhary drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sudhir Chaudhary is an Indian journalist who has worked at several Hindi and Marathi news channels in various key positions including the senior editor and business head of Zee News.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in current affairs and often used to take part in debate competitions held in his school and college.
- Before coming into the field of journalism, he wanted to become a civil servant and had even prepared for the UPSC Examination; however, he couldn’t clear the exam.
- Sudhir joined Zee News in 1993 when it was just started and covered several prominent stories including the Kargil War and the 2001 Indian Parliament attack. He was a part of the media that covered the meeting in Islamabad between Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Pervez Musharraf after the terrorist attack.
- He left Zee News in 2003. He was instrumental in the launch of Sahara Samay, the Hindi news channel of the Sahara group. For a short period of time, he also joined India TV. He again moved on and joined Live India and served as the Editor-in-chief for the channel. He returned in Zee News again in 2012. He hosts the popular prime-time news show, Daily News & Analysis (DNA) on Zee News.
- In 2012, Congress MP Naveen Jindal accused Sudhir Chaudhary and Sameer Ahluwalia of trying to extort Rs 100 crore worth of advertisements from his company in return for dropping stories linking the Jindal group with Coalgate.
- Sudhir received Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in the “Hindi broadcast” category for 2013. He won the award for his interview with the friend of the Delhi December 16 gang-rape victim.
- On 1 July 2022, he resigned from the post of CEO of Zee Media. The Economic Times A statement released by Zee Media Corporation Ltd read,
Sudhir Chaudhary has resigned from the post of CEO of the company, he will cease to be the CEO and key managerial personnel of the company with effect from the close of the business hours.”
- Here’s an interesting video about Sudhir Chaudhary’s biography: