|Real Name||Pooja Thakur|
|Profession||Indian Air Force Personnel|
|Famous For||First female commanding officer to head the inter-services Guard of Honour inspected by the then US President Barack Obama|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Service||Indian Air Force|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|College/University||Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies- Pune
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar
|Educational Qualification(s)||Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Personnel Management from Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies- Pune (2005–2006)
Certificate in Media Communication from Indian Institute of Mass Communication (2012)
Master’s Degree, English Language and Literature from Guru Nanak Dev University (2000-2002)
Bachelor’s Degree, Science from Guru Nanak Dev University (1996-1999)
|Hobbies||Para-Jumping, Skydiving, Scuba Diving|
|Controversy||She atracted a controversy for suing the Indian Air Force; demanding a Permanent Commission for women in the Indian Air Force.|
|Boys, Affairs & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (a Colonel in the Indian Army)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Salary (as Wing Commander Indian Air Force)||₹1,16,700 + Other Allowances|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Thakur
- Pooja Thakur was born into a family of Army Personnel.
- She spent her childhood shifting from one place to another; as her father was in the Indian Army.
- Because of her father’s routine postings, Pooja had to attend different schools.
- Initially, Pooja was reluctant to go to school; as she didn’t like the schools, the students, the books, and the uniforms.
- Pooja was inspired by his father to join the Uniform Service.
- In 2001, Pooja Thakur was commissioned into the Administrative Branch of the Indian Air Force.
- She has been a part in developing India’s first IAF 3D Air-Combat Game called “Guardians of the Sky.”
- Since 2010, women have been allowed in the Air Force as full officers, after nearly 50 women officers (including Pooja Thakur), moved to court. More than 250 women were granted permanent commission after the high court ruled in their favour.
- In January 2015, Pooja Thakur became the first female commanding officer to head the inter-services Guard of Honour inspected by the then US President Barack Obama at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.