Some Lesser Known Facts About Prasoon Joshi
- Does Prasoon Joshi smoke: Not Known
- Does Prasoon Joshi drink alcohol: Not Known
- Prior to becoming a lecturer of Political Sciences, his mother had served the ‘All India Radio’ for over thirty years.
- Joshi began writing as a young kid and had become an author after publishing his first book, ‘Main Aur Woh,’ at just 17, an age when most of the teenagers engage in a war of their future.
- He began his advertising career with Ogilvy & Mather in Delhi and spent his 10 years there eventually becoming the executive director in its Mumbai office.
- Joshi joined McCann-Erickson as executive vice president and national creative director in 2002. By the year 2006, the firm had promoted him to the post of regional creative director for South and South East Asia. He was finally named as the executive chairman of McCann Worldgroup India and regional creative director for Asia Pacific in December 2006.
- He had got the idea of his commercial TV ad ‘Thanda Matlab Coca Cola,’ which went on to win the Golden Lion at Cannes in 2003, from the fleeting glimpse of a porter at Hapur Railway Station.
- Forum of Young Global Leaders, an affiliate of the World Economic Forum, named him the ‘Young Global Leader 2006.’
- He turned into a dialogue writer with the Indian Drama film Rang De Basanti (2006), which was directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.
- His palace commercial advertisement for Happydent White chewing gum was named as one of the 20 best ads of the 21st century in a public poll which was conducted by Gunn Report, the global journal of the advertising industry’s most awarded work.
- He had coined the slogan ‘Desh Ki Pukaar, Modi Sarkaar’ for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. BJP, however, changed it to ‘Abki Baar, Modi Sarkar.’
- For his contributions in the field of Arts, Literature, and Advertising, the Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri in 2015.
- In August 2017, Joshi was appointed as the Chairperson of Censor Board, after Information and Broadcasting Ministry sacked Pahlaj Nihalani from the post.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)