|Real Name||Tigmanshu Dhulia|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 33 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Date of Birth||3 July 1967|
|Age (as in 2017)||50 Years|
|Birth Place||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||St. Joseph's College, Allahabad
Anglo Bengali Intermediate College, Allahabad
|Educational Qualification||Degree in English
Degree in Economics
Degree in Modern History
Master's in Theatre
|Debut||Acting (English): Electric Moon (1992)
Acting (Hindi): Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster (2011)
Casting Director: Bandit Queen (1994)
Direction (Hindi): Haasil (2003)
TV Direction: Kahani Ek Kanya Ki (1991)
|Family||Father- Keshav Chandra Dhulia (Judge)
Mother- Sumitra Dhulia (Professor)
|Favourite Filmmaker(s)||Keshav Kapoor, Ketan Mehta, Anurag Kashyap|
|Favourite Actor||Irrfan Khan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Tulika Dhulia (Costume Designer)|
|Wife/Spouse||Tulika Dhulia (m. 1989- present)
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tigmanshu Dhulia
- Does Tigmanshu Dhulia smoke: Yes
- Does Tigmanshu Dhulia drink alcohol: Not Known
- With his father and a brother being a Judge, mother, a professor of Sanskrit, the second brother an Indian Navy officer, he had always seen a political kind of environment at his home which influenced him to direct the movies of that genre.
- Though Tigmanshu had joined the National School of Drama after graduating from Allahabad University, he was not much interested in the theatre. It was the frank behaviour of teachers and students and the liberal environment over there which attracted him to be a part of the campus.
- Before beginning to direct his films upon landing in Mumbai, he had assisted filmmakers like Shekhar Kapoor, Pradip Krishen, Ketan Mehta.
- While assisting Shekhar Kapoor as the casting director for ‘Bandit Queen’ (1994) in the Chambal area of MP, he came to know the story of ‘Paan Singh Tomar.’
- Haasil, a 2003 film directed by Tigmanshu, had a few instances inspired from his own love life. He told in an interview that his marriage was a loved one and he had been beaten a number of times for the same girl. He was in standard VIII and the lady was in VII back when they met for the first time.
- Anurag Kashyap appeared as an actor in Tigmanshu’s film ‘Shagird’ on a promise that he’ll act in Kashyap’s film. This landed him the role of Ramadhir Singh in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur,’ a role he had no idea about.
- In 2013, he was bestowed with the ‘National Film Award’ for his direction of the film ‘Paan Singh Tomar,’ which featured Irrfan Khan as a former Indian soldier, and athlete who later became a rebel when justice did not come his way.
- Tigmanshu was given lifetime membership of the University Film Club of Aligarh Muslim University at the 7th Filmsaaz 2014, where he was a chief guest.
- Here’s an exclusive interview RajyaSabha TV took of the national award winning film director Tigmanshu.