|Real Name||Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||7 July 1963|
|Age (as in 2017)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|School||Air Force Bal Bharati School, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.|
|College||Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi|
|Debut||Direction: Aks (2011)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (Worked for the Claridges Hotel in New Delhi)
Mother- Annapurna Mehra
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||A Bungalow named 'Mamta', Pali Hill, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Swimming, listening to Ghazals|
|Favourite Actress||Kangana Ranaut|
|Favourite Music Director||Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||P. S. Bharathi (Film Editor)
|Marriage Date||Year- 1992|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Does Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra smoke: Not Known
- Does Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra drink alcohol: Not Known
- Mehra was an avid swimmer in his younger days. He was initially selected as part of the Indian contingent for the 1982 Asian Games; however, he could not pass the final round of the selection process.
- After graduating from college, Mehra started off his career as a Vacuum Cleaner salesman with Eureka Forbes.
- In the year 1986, Mehra laid the foundation of Flicks Motion Picture Company Private Limited, an ad filmmaking company. During this time, he directed a number of domestic and International ad films for many notable brands, including Coke, Pepsi, Toyota, American Express, BPL, etc.
- He then gradually transited to the field of feature films. In 2001, he made his directorial debut with the Amitabh Bachchan, Manoj Vajpayee starrer Aks (2011). Despite garnering widespread critical acclaim, the movie failed to prove a success at the box-office.
- His struggles were, however, short-lived as his second movie, Rang De Basanti (2006), emerged a blockbuster. The movie even fetched him the National Award for Best Director. In addition, it was officially chosen as India’s entry into the Oscars.
- Mehra’s documentary film, Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told, was premiered at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.
- Starring newcomers Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher, Mehra’s fifth directorial venture, Mirzya (2016), which had been in planning since 2009 and took 3 years in making, failed miserably at the box-office. Made on a budget of INR 40 Crore, the movie reportedly couldn’t survive more than a week in most of the multiplexes. Notably, with this movie, writer Gulzar had made his return to screenplay writing after a gap of 17 years.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)