|Profession(s)||Politician and Lawyer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 40 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 12 inches
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• During his college days, he was an active member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and served as a secretary of ABVP till 2016.
• In 2016, he became the General Secretary of Karnataka Unit of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
• In the 2019 General Elections, he defeated B. K. Hariprasad of the Indian National Congress (INC) by a margin of more than 3 lakh votes and got elected to the 17th Lok Sabha from Bangalore South constituency.
|Awards||National Bal Shree (2002)|
|Date of Birth||16 November 1990|
|Age (as in 2018)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Chikkamagaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||Sri Kumaran Children Home, Bangalore, India|
|Colleges||• National College Jayanagar, Bangalore, India
• Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore, India
|Controversies||• In June 2014, he made a tweet in which he said: “With the exception of women’s reservation in Parliament, Modi government agenda is inspiring. Dread the day when women’s reservation becomes reality.” He was later labelled misogynist for this tweet.
• In 2017, Surya was one of the organizers of the controversial ‘Mangalore Chalo’ rally in which BJP workers from across Karnataka rode bikes to Mangalore to protest the killing of RSS workers in Dakshina Kannada district.
• In another tweet on 21 March 2019, he said that upcoming 2019 Lok Sabha elections are a test of common man's patriotism and labelled those persons who voted for Modi as nationalists and those who didn't as anti-nationalists and anti-India people.
• He reportedly said that the ideology of the two mainstream left parties in India; CPI(M) and CPI – was “anti-national.”
|Relationships & More|
|Favourite Food(s)||Pani Puri, Idli Sambhar, Vada Pav|
|Favourite Actor||Duniya Vijay|
|Favourite Actress||Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Mr. Bean, Prison Break, How I Met Your Mother|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Sports||Cricket, Football|
|Favourite Musician(s)||Mahesh Raghvan, Vidya Rangarajan|
|Favourite Music Band||Agam|
|Favourite Author(s)||Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, Swami Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Robin Sharma|
|Bike Collection||Royal Enfield Himalayan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tejasvi Surya
- Does Tejasvi Surya smoke?: Not Known
- Does Tejasvi Surya drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Surya comes from a modest background and lives in a joint brahmin family in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- He is a lawyer turned politician. He is a practicing lawyer in the Karnataka High Court and still practices there.
- He is the founder and President of Arise India, a non-partisan, non-profit, registered trust that trains the youth of the nation to become leaders in the future.
- Apart from being a politician, he works with Haranahalli Law Partners, from 2015, in Bangalore as an associate.
- Surya has also worked with India Facts as a columnist from 2013 to 2014.
- In 2017, the British High Commission had selected him to participate in a young leadership program in the UK.
- Surya has co-founded the Centre for Entrepreneurial Excellence, an organisation that runs projects related to education and entrepreneurship.
- Surya has taken parts in debates since his childhood and always supported BJP.
- In March 2019, BJP made him a candidate for the 17th Lok Sabha from the Banglore South Lok Sabha constituency which was held consistently by the BJP’s late Ananth Kumar since 1999.
OMG OMG!!! I can't believe this.
PM of world's largest democracy & President of largest political party have reposed faith in a 28 yr old guy to represent them in a constituency as prestigious as B'lore South. This can happen only in my BJP. Only in #NewIndia of @narendramodi
— Tejasvi Surya (@Tejasvi_Surya) March 25, 2019
- He considers Late Ananth Kumar and his wife Tejaswini as his political mentors who groomed him from his school days.
Ananthkumar Ji & @Tej_AnanthKumar ma'am have groomed me from my high school days. I had pestered Tejaswini maam to send me on Jan Chetna Yatra along with AK Ji. She somehow convinced Sir to take me along. I saw my first Bharat Darshan. You both have made me the man I am today.
— Tejasvi Surya (@Tejasvi_Surya) March 25, 2019
All anti-India forces have united to stop Modi. While Modi's agenda is building a new & robust India, their agenda is to stop him. They have no positive agenda.
If you are with Modi, you are with India. If you are not with Modi, then you are strengthening anti-India forces. pic.twitter.com/k0mXzqItrG
— Tejasvi Surya (@Tejasvi_Surya) March 22, 2019
- Here’s an interesting video about Tejasvi Surya’s biography: