Harsha (Bajrang Dal Activist) Age, Caste, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Shimoga, Karnataka
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Full name||Harsha Jingade The Quint|
|Other Name||Harsha Hindu Harsha- Facebook|
|Profession(s)||Activist, Prakanda Sahakaryadarshi (coordinator) in the Shivamogga district.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||21 May|
|Date of Death||20 February 2022|
|Place of Death||Shimoga (Shivamogga), Karnataka|
|Age (at the time of death)||23 Years Hindustan Times|
|Death Cause||Murder India Today|
|Hometown||Shimoga (Shivamogga), Karnataka|
|Religion/Religious Views||Hinduism TIMESNOWNEWS.COM
Note: Harsha passionately worshipped the Hindu deity Ram. Post his murder, in an interview, Harsha's sister said,
"My brother was a Hindu…he died chanting Jai Shri Ram."
|Tattoo||A tattoo inked on the right side of his neck reads “Mental”
|Parents||Father- Nagaraj Jingade (Tailor)
Mother- Padma Jingade
Sister(s)- He has two sisters. One his sister's name is Ashwini Jingade.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harsha
- Harsha was a Karnataka-based Indian activist, who was actively associated with the Hindu nationalist organisation called Bajrang Dal.
- On 20 February 2022, the Bajrang Dal activist Harsha was stabbed to death by a group of men in Bharathi Nagar, Shivamogga district, Karnataka.
- His murder fueled the communal tensions between Muslims and Hindus that prevailed in the city due to the 2022 Karnataka hijab row. Protests began in Karnataka at the beginning of January 2022 when Muslim students demanded permission to wear the Hijab in colleges. Hindustan Times
- KS Eshwarappa, Karnataka minister for rural development and Panchayati Raj, blamed Muslim goons for Harsha’s murder. For his right-wing political views, Eshwarappa was slammed by the Karnataka Congress chief DK Shivakumar. While talking to the media, Shivakumar said,
He [Eshwarappa] has brought shame to the country and the national flag… It (Harsha’s killing) has nothing to do with the hijab issue. It was the result of personal enmity between two groups… the police must thoroughly investigate the incident.”
- Later, six people, Mohammed Kashif, Sayed Nadeem, Afsifullah Khan, Rehan Sharef, Nihan, and Abdul Afnan, were arrested by the Karnataka police for Harsha’s murder.
- In the aftermath of his death, Islamic organisations Popular Front of India (PFI) and Socialist Democratic Party of India (SDPI) were accused by the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) for plotting the murder of Harsha with an ulterior motive to instigate riots throughout the state of Karnataka. TIMESNOWNEWS.COM
- While mourning the death of her son, Harsha’s mother claimed that her son had made a sacrifice for the country. In media coverage, she said,
I told him to get married and he would always say he wants to serve this nation and wants to die for this country.”
- One of his relatives, Praveen, blamed Harsha’s orthodox right-wing political views for his death. While talking to the media, Praveen said,
My brother was an active member of the sangathan [group]. He only used to think about Hindus and that is what killed him. Last night we were informed that he has been admitted to a hospital. We want strict to be taken against the culprits.”