Age: 53 Years
Caste: Kshatriya (Rajput)
Wife: Sangeeta Sengar
|Known For||Unnao Rape|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
Note: He was expelled from the BJP on 1 Augist 2019.
|Political Journey||2002: Elected an MLA from Unnao Sadar on a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Ticket
2007: Joined Samajwadi Party (SP) and elected an MLA from Bangarmau
2012: Again elected an MLA from Bangarmau on a Samajwadi Party ticket
2017: Joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and elected an MLA from Bangarmau on a BJP ticket
2019: On 1 August, he was expelled from the BJP
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1966|
|Age (as in 2019)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Unnao, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Unnao, Uttar pradesh|
|School||Raja Shankar Sahay Inter College, Unnao, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||Intermediate from Raja Shankar Sahay Inter College, Unnao, UP Board Allahabad in 1982|
|Address||Village Sarai Thok Makhi, Post Makhi, Dist. Unnao|
|Controversies||• One charge related to Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant (IPC Section-188)
• One charge related to Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty (IPC Section-353)
• In April 2018, a woman from Unnao district accused him of gang-raping her along with his accomplices.
• On 11 April 2018, he was booked under Sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (abducting and inducing a girl), 376 (punishment for rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code.
• On 28 July 2019, when the victim was travelling in a car along with her lawyer and two aunts, a truck rammed to their car in Raebareli in which both her aunts were killed while the victim and her lawyer received serious injuries. The truck driver was found to be associated with Sengar. Following the incident, an F.I.R. was filed against Sengar to plot the accident and Sengar was booked for murder, attempt to murder, criminal conspiracy, and criminal intimidation.
• On 1 August 2019, Sengar was expelled from the BJP. Senior party sources in New Delhi confirmed that party president and Home Minister Amit Shah had told the State BJP unit to expel the MLA.
• On 16 December 2019, he was convicted in Unnao Rape Case by Delhi court and was sentenced to life imprisonment. NDTV
• On 4 March 2020, a court in New Delhi convicted him of the culpable homicide of the Unnao rape victim's father; her father had died in judicial custody on 9 April 2018. On 13 March 2020, the court awarded him 10 years in prison. The Times of India
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sangeeta Sengar (politician)
|Children||Son- Not Known
|Parents||Father- Kamal Singh urf Mulayam Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brothers- Atul Singh Sengar,
Manoj Singh Sengar
Sister- Not Known
|Politician(s)||Narendra Modi, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Car Collection||Toyota Fortuner (UP-35-Z-8959)|
|Assets/Properties||Gold Jewellery worth ₹12,000,00|
|Salary (as an MLA from Uttar Pradesh)||Rs. 1,87,000 + other allowances (as in 2018)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 3 crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kuldeep Singh Sengar
- He is considered one of the most powerful Thakur leaders in Uttar Pradesh.
- According to sources, he has close relations with Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya.
- He has switched many political parties, starting with the Bahujan Samaj Party in 2002, Samajwadi Party in 2008, and finally landing to the Bharatiya Janata Party in 2017.
- He also runs a Jewellery business.
- In April 2018, an 18-year-old woman from Unnao District accused Sengar of gang-raping her along with his accomplices. The case made headlines when the woman, along with her family members, protested outside the residence of the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath, on 8 April 2018 and threatened to commit suicide, alleging that the police had refused to take action against the MLA despite her complaints.
- According to the victim, the MLA raped her on 17 June 2017, and despite her efforts, the police did not register a case against the legislator. She also told local television channels that
When I protested against the rape, he threatened me that he would get my family members killed.”
- Following the protest, UP Police arrested the victim’s father Pappu Singh, who later died in the Police custody. The victim alleged that the MLA “got her father killed since she was not willing to withdraw the gang-rape complaint” against the legislator.
- On April 10, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) issued notices to the Uttar Pradesh Government and police on the death of the Victim’s father.
- The victim’s father died after he was reportedly thrashed by the MLA’s brother and others, following which, Atul Singh Sengar, the brother of Kuldeep Singh Sengar, was arrested by a team of Lucknow Crime Branch from his home district, Unnao.