|Full name||Mumait Abdul Rashid Khan|
|Other name(s)||• Mumtaz Khan
• Mumait Khan
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Swamy (2004)
Hindi Film: Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai? (2002)
Tamil Film: Majunu (2001)
Kannada Film: Orata (2007)
Bengali Film: Jole Jongole (2018)
Odia Film: Love Dot Com (2012)
|Date of Birth||1 September 1985|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|Religion||Islam The Guardian|
|Tattoo(s)||Mumaith has several tattoos and piercings. Some of her tattoos are on her upper back, lower back, wrist, and lower abdomen.
|Controversies||• Hyderabad Pub Fiasco: In 2008, Mumaith was performing at a local Hyderabad pub on new year, when some rowdy partygoers spilled beer on her chest. This prompted her to cancel the event immediately.
• Mumaith vs a cab driver: In October 2020, Mumaith filed a complaint against a cab driver with the Punjagutta police for false allegation. Apparently, the cab driver accused her of not paying him for his cab service for a round trip to Goa. On the other hand, Mumaith came forward with proofs of paying him and in turn lodged an official complaint against him. She also accused him of using false name and harrasing her mentally. The New Indian Express
• Drug case & investigation by ED: While Mumaith was in Bigg Boss Telugu season 1, her name came up in a money laundering and drug case. The ED asked her to appear for investigation, which is why she left the Bigg Boss house for a day. Later in 2017, she was given a clean chit in the case. The Times Of India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Director Puri Jagan (rumoured)
• Khaiyyum, brother of star comedian Ali (rumoured)
|Parents||Father- Abdul Rashid Khan
Mother- Hasina Khan
Sister- She has 2 sisters. One of them is Zabyn Khan.
|Assets/Properties||A duplex worth Rs. 5.5M The Guardian|
- Mumaith is an Indian actress, dancer, and model, who is known for her popular and raunchy item numbers.
- Mumaith was born and brought up in a Pathan family in Mumbai.
- Her father came from Pakistan, and her mother came from Chennai to settle in Mumbai. She has 2 elder sisters. YouTube
- Mumaith grew up with a poverty-stricken lifestyle. She started working at the age of 13. In an interview, she recalled that her mother used to search for even 50 paise in the house. YouTube The Guardian During an interview, walking past the open sewers of the chawl she grew up in, she said,
Look, this is where I came from. I had to get out.”
- She enjoys dancing since childhood. According to Mumaith, her mother says that she started dancing as soon as she started walking. YouTube
- In an interview, she revealed how she started her career in the entertainment industry. She said that her elder sister, Zabyn, took part in a college event and asked Mumaith to teach her dance. During the event, the light man or the person who took care of the fireworks, Salim, noticed Zabyn and asked her to work as a background dancer for Remo D’Souza. At that time, Remo left Ahmed Khan and was in search of girls to make a dance group. Mumaith’s sister said that she would join them only if they also let Mumaith join.
- Hailing from a family with strong and restrictive values, Mumaith’s mother initially denied them to take part in the dance group; however, keeping in mind the financial crisis of the family owing to the retirement of her father, her mom decided to let them be a part of the group because of the need for money.
- Her first income was Rs. 750, which she earned by becoming a background dancer. The Opinionated Indian
- She got a tongue piercing when she was 18, after which she has been often asked in interviews if it troubles her while eating food. YouTube
- Other than tattoos, Mumaith’s piercings contribute to her edgy look. She has 2 piercings on her eyebrows, 2 on her navel, and one on her lip.
- Her mainstream acting career started in 2002 with the Bollywood film ‘Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?.’
- She rose to fame with her cameo in Sanjay Dutt starrer hit Munna Bhai MBBS (2003), as the hospital dancer, Reena.
- She worked in different languages including Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Bengali, and Odia. As of 2017, she appeared in around 40 Telugu films, over 20 Hindi films, 16 Tamil films, and 5 Kannada films.
- In 2013, she participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 6, which had a ‘Teen Ka Tadka’ theme in their 13th week. She partnered along with Sana Saeed and Tushar Kalia but could not perform as the couple was eliminated.
- In 2015, when Mumaith was at a high point in her career, she suffered a head injury, which resulted in a coma that lasted for 15 days. The Opinionated Indian
- In an interview, Mumaith disclosed how she got the head injury. She said,
After I returned from Goa, the next day I took my shower and as I came out of the bathroom I saw myself in the mirror. Suddenly, I recalled ‘Mere Khwabon mein jo aaye’ song from DDLJ where Kajol dances with a towel on her. Even I tried the parody, but unfortunately I slipped and my head hit the sharp edge of my square bed. I really don’t remember what happened the next moment. I went into a coma for a period of 15days, and after I woke up I thought I slipped yesterday and woke up today”.
- Due to the severe injury, five of her brain nerves were busted. She had an operation in which nine titanium wires were inserted into her head. She was advised to take rest for a minimum of 2 years, and she was also told by the doctors that there were high chances of her slipping into a state of depression.
- In the next year, she participated in an adventure reality show ‘Super 2’ that aired on ETV Telugu.
- On 15 December 2016, she was spotted tasting food during Times Food & Nightlife Awards, held at HICC, Novotel, in Hyderabad.
- In November 2017, she was spotted at a cancer awareness walk titled ‘Winners Walk’ in Hyderabad, which was initiated to spread awareness about the deadly disease. The Times of India
- She also participated in another popular reality show, ‘Bigg Boss Telugu’ Season 1. She was summoned by the ED to probe a money laundering and drug case, which is why she had to leave the Bigg Boss house in the middle of the show.
- In February 2020, a journalist scheduled an interview with her at Mumaith’s house. During the interview, the journalist asked her straight if she ever took drugs. This did not go well with Mumaith, and she scolded the journalist for being inappropriate and disrespectful.
- In an interview, she spoke about her wedding plans. She said,
I would like to get married and have children in the next two to three years, or at least by the time I turn 30. So, there is still time for that!”
- She entered the Bigg Boss Non-Stop OTT (Telugu) house as a contestant in 2022; however, she got eliminated in the first eviction round of the show.
- A few weeks after getting eliminated from Bigg Boss OTT, she re-entered the house as a wild-card contestant.
- In an interview, Mumaith said that it was her self-reliance and self-help that made her successful. The Guardian
- According to Mumaith, she drinks alcoholic beverages and also smokes occasionally but does not take drugs. India TV