Husband: Bharat Takhtani
Age: 38 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDBHeight||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Debut||Film, Hindi: Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe (2002)
Film, Tamil: Aaytha Ezhuthu (2004)
Film, Kannada: Care of Footpath 2 (2011)
TV, Judge and Mentor: MTV Roadies X2 (2015)
|Date of Birth||2 November 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||38 Years|
|Hometown||Sahnewal, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Oxford, UK|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Media Arts and Computer Technology IMDB|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Times of India|
|Tattoo(s)||• Blazing sun with Om on her left shoulder
• Gayatri Mantra on her right shoulder
|Controversy||In 2006, she slapped the Bollywood actress, Amrita Rao while shooting for the film ‘Pyare Mohan.’ In an interview, Esha said,
Yes, I slapped Amrita. One day after pack-up, she abused me in front of my director, Indra Kumar and my cameraman and I thought that was totally out of line. To protect my self-respect and dignity, in the heat of the moment, I slapped her. I have no regrets because she totally deserved it for her behaviour towards me at that point in time. I just stood up for myself and my dignity.” India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bharat Takhtani (Businessman)|
|Engagement Date||12 February 2012 (Sunday)
|Marriage Date||29 June 2012 (Friday)
|Marriage Place||ISKCON temple, Mumbai|
• Radhya (born on 20 October 2017)
• Miraya (born on 10 June 2019)
|Parents||Father- Dharmendra (Actor and Politician)
Mother- Hema Malini (Actor and Politician)
• Ahana Deol
• Vijeeta Deol and Ajeeta Deol (Half-sisters)
Brother(s)- Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol (Half-brothers)
|Restaurant||Townhall Restaurant in Mumbai|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Esha Deol
- Does Esha Deol smoke?: Yes Hindustan Times
- She was the captain of her school football team and was selected for the Indian national woman’s football team. She has also represented her college in handball at the state level.
- In 2003, she won several awards for her role of Esha Singh in the Bollywood film ‘Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe.’
- She has worked in the films of different languages, like Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, and Telugu.
- She is trained in the Indian classical dance form and has performed on stage with her mother at various events.
- She has appeared in various Bollywood films, like ‘Na Tum Jaano Na Hum’ (2002), ‘Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa’ (2002), ‘Kucch To Hai’ (2003), ‘Kaal’ (2005), ‘Dus’ (2005), and ‘No Entry’ (2005).
- She got immense popularity with her performance in the superhit film, ‘Dhoom’ in 2004. The title track ‘Dhoom Machale’ was a chartbuster song picturised on Esha Deol.
- In 2018, her Hindi short film, ‘Cakewalk’ received many awards.
- She is very close to the veteran Bollywood actress, Jaya Bachchan and considers her as a mother.
- The Bollywood actress, Chinu Gaia Gourmet, who is a chef too is her long time best friend.
- In February 2020, Esha turned an author with her first book “Amma Mia!.” The book documents the transformation of a woman into a mother.
References/Sources: [ + ]