Some Lesser Known Facts About Priyanka Gandhi
- Does Priyanka Gandhi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Priyanka Gandhi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She belongs to a powerful political-family and all of her father, grandmother and great-grandfather, viz. Rajiv Gandhi, Indira Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru once happened to be the Prime Ministers of India.
- She delivered her first political speech when she was 16 or 17.
- Her role in the field of politics has always been ambiguous as she never participated in the active-politics while she often campaigns for her brother and mother in their respective constituencies i.e. Amethi and Raebareli.
- In 1999, in an interview to BBC, she said – “I am very clear in my mind. Politics is not a strong pull, the people are. And I can do things for them without being in politics”.
- Although, she claims that she will never join politics, people in the Amethi and Raebareli constituencies of Uttar Pradesh always clamor for her candidacy and during the elections, assumptions about her joining the politics, remain a hot potato.
- She is an avid photographer and has got the hobby as a legacy from her father, Rajiv Gandhi.
- Priyanka Gandhi is a practitioner of Vipassana (taught by S. N. Goenka) and is a follower of Buddhist Philosophy.