Priyanka Gandhi Age, Husband, Family, Biography, & More
Age: 49 Years
Education: M.A. In Buddhist Studies
|Full Name||Priyanka Gandhi Vadra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• She has not been an active politician until January 2019. However, she has been in media occasionally for visiting her brother's and mother's Constituency, Amethi and Raebareli respectively in Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2004, she was the manager of her mother's campaign in the assembly election of Uttar Pradesh.
• On 23 January 2019, she was appointed the General Secretary of the Indian National Congress (INC) for Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
• She extensively campaigned in Uttar Pradesh during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
|Date of Birth||12 January 1972|
|Age (as of 2023)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||• Modern School, New Delhi, India
• Convent of Jesus and Mary, Delhi, India
|College/University||University of Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. in Psychology
M.A. in Buddhist Studies
|Religion||Buddhism Financial Express|
|Hobbies||Photography, Reading, Working out, Meditation|
|Blood Group||O-negative India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||18 February 1997
|Children||Son- Rehan (Born in 2000)
Daughter- Miraya (Born in 2002)
|Parents||Father- Rajiv Gandhi (Former Prime Minister of India)
Mother- Sonia Gandhi (Ex-President of Indian National Congress)
|Siblings||Brother- Rahul Gandhi
|Other Relatives||Maternal Great-grandfather- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru (First Prime Minister of India)
Great-grandmother- Kamala Nehru (Freedom Fighter)
Uncle- Sanjay Gandhi (Died in a Plane Crash)
Aunt- Maneka Gandhi (Politician)
Cousin- Varun Gandhi (Politician)
|Favourite Food(s)||Tunde Kebabs, Salads|
|Favourite Book||Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favourite Politician||Sonia Gandhi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$2.1 billion (Together with her husband Robert Vadra)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priyanka Gandhi
- In her childhood, she used to read books related to Indian Independence and Hindi stories and poems. Even now, she continues this hobby.
- She delivered her first political speech when she was 16 or 17.
- Priyanka’s aunt, Maneka Gandhi is a politician from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and has been a Union Minister in the government of PM Narendra Modi. Her cousin, Varun Gandhi is also a BJP politician and has been an M.P. from Sultanpur constituency.
- Her role in the field of politics has always been ambiguous; as until 2019, she didn’t participate in the active-politics while she often campaigns for her brother and mother in their respective constituencies i.e. Amethi and Raebareli.
- In 1999, in an interview to BBC, Priyanka said – “I am very clear in my mind. Politics is not a strong pull and I can do things for them without being in politics.”
- Although she claimed that she would never join politics but on 23 January 2019, she joined politics by becoming the General Secretary of Congress Party in charge of the eastern region of Uttar Pradesh.
- She is an avid photographer and has inherited this hobby from her father, Rajiv Gandhi.
- Priyanka Gandhi is a practitioner of Vipassana (taught by S. N. Goenka) and is a follower of Buddhist Philosophy.
- She has a pet dog named Luna who walked with Rahul Gandhi in his Bharat Jodo Yatra in January 2023.