|Full name||Ram Kishor Arora The Times of India|
|Famous for||Being the chairman of Supertech Limited, Noida|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Educational Qualification||BE Civil Engineering Supertech Limited|
|Address||C-110, Sector-36, Noida|
|Controversy||On 27 June 2023, the Enforcement Directorate arrested him from his office in Delhi for his involvement in a money laundering case. He was summoned by them three days before the arrest. According to the ED, they arrested him based on the FIRs registered in UP, Delhi and Haryana. In the FIR, the company and its directors were accused of collecting money from the buyers and not handing over the flats to them. According to the investigations, it was discovered that the Supertech Group of Companies received money from homebuyers and loans from banks to construct apartments. However, it is alleged that the funds were misappropriated and used to purchase land instead. The acquired land was then used as collateral to repay the bank loans. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) conducted a probe and found that the Supertech Group failed to pay banks and financial institutions, resulting in loans amounting to Rs. 1,500 crore becoming non-performing assets (NPAs). On 12 April 2023, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) took action by seizing properties valued at Rs. 40 crores that belonged to Supertech and its directors. These properties included 25 pieces of land and buildings in Uttarakhand, as well as the Meerut Mall located in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. On 28 June 2023, when he was produced in court, the ED claimed that he allegedly diverted Rs. 638 crores collected from homebuyers and borrowed from banks. Instead of using these funds to complete their ongoing projects in Noida, the money was reportedly used to purchase properties in Gurugram at inflated prices. He also bought ASP Sarin for Rs. 154 crores and Rs. 39 crores to purchase Palash Building Solutions. The ED further added that Rs. 444 crores were used to buy a company – Sarv Realtors Private Limited in 2013-14. The ED requested 14-day custody of Arora for further investigation. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Mohit Arora (Managing Director at Supertech Limited)
Daughter- Mohini Arora (deceased in 2016)
|Business Icon||Ratan Tata|
|Song||Kuch Na Kaho|
Some Lesser Known Facts About R.K. Arora
- R.K. Arora is an Indian businessman who is known for being the chairman of Supertech Limited, Noida.
- In an interview, he said that he used to operate from one room office when he started his career.
- He aspired to become a sculptor when he was a child.
- He likes watching the news in his spare time.
- On 7 December 1995, he started Supertech with some of his friends. After a few years, he launched real estate projects in 12 cities including Delhi, Meerut, Noida, and Greater Noida. The company also formed another company to create, develop and allot cemeteries in 2006. In 2016, he registered 19 companies.
- In 1999, he started Supertech Builders And Promoters Private Limited.
- In 2005, he started the company Crossings Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- In 2006, he started the companies Crossings City Private Limited, Crossings Corporate Park Private Limited, Crossings Greens Property Private Limited, Crossings Home Solutions Private Limited, Crossings Realty Private Limited, Crossings Residency Private Limited, Crossings Towers Private Limited, Crossings Township Private Limited, Crossings Buildwell Private Limited, Dynamic Towers Private Limited, and Supertech Reality Private Limited.
- In 2007, he started the company Surprise Suppliers Private Limited.
- In 2009, he started the company Supertech Cinemas Private Limited and Supertech Holdings Private Limited.
- In 2010, he started the company Supertech Precast Technologies Private Limited and Supertech Township Project Limited.
- In 2011, he started the company Supertech Urja & Power Private Limited.
- In 2016, his daughter Mohini, pursuing her higher studies in London at Regent’s University, died in a car accident on the M20 motorway in Kent. She was driving with two friends in a BMW car when the car hit a truck. Her friends survived the accident but she died on the spot. One of her friends informed the family in India.
- In 2017, he started the company Supertech Housing Finance Limited.
- In 2018, he started the company Supertech Realtors Private Limited.
- In 2019, he started the company Damodar Engineers Private Limited.
- In 2020, he started the company Sarv Realtors Private Limited.
- In March 2022, his company was declared insolvent by the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT). It was in debt of about Rs. 432 crores.
- In August 2022, when the Twin Towers which were located at the ‘Supertech Emerald Court’ housing society Sector 93A in Noida were demolished, he was very upset. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
As per the UP Apartment Act, 1975 and UP Apartment Act, 2010, a developer goes to an authority to take approval. In terms of violation of the Act, we didn’t violate any of them. When these plans were getting passed, the Apartment Act was not adopted by the Noida Authority. And it was not just for our project, it was for all approvals in the area. Between 2010 and 2014, no one was taking consent on the Apartment Act. There were no special favours given to us. Whatever everyone else was getting, we also got the same.”