|Nickname||Radha Instagram- Vikas Khanna|
|Profession(s)||Fashion Designer, Author|
|Famous for||Being the sister of Michelin star chef Vikas Khanna|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Date of Birth||23 March 1974 (Saturday)|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Date of Death||28 February 2022|
|Age (at the time of death)||47 Years|
|Death Cause||She died from multiple organ failure. Hindustan Times|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, United States|
|Educational Qualification||A bachelor's degree in fashion|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram (story)- Radhika Khanna|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Parents||Father- Late Davinder Khanna
Mother- Bindu Khanna
|Siblings||Brother- Vikas Khanna (Younger) (chef, restaurateur, author)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Radhika Khanna
- Radhika Khanna was an was an Indian-American fashion designer, entrepreneur, and author.
- Radhika Khanna was inclined towards fashion since childhood. To pursue her childhood dream of becoming a fashion designer, she decided to move to New York and enrolled herself at the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, to earn a professional degree in fashion.
- While studying full time at the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, she simultaneously worked part-time at different restaurants in Manhattan, trying to become financially stable and bear the expenses of her education.
- After completing her formal education in fashion, she started a fashion internship under Donna Karan, an American fashion designer and the creator DKNY clothing brand.
- In 2005, Radhika Khanna established her own fashion line called ‘Estilo Inc.’ Later, she, also designed outfits for the American reality television series ‘Kitchen Nightmares.’
- Khanna was also a regular practitioner of yoga. She became a book author after getting inspired by health benefits of doing yoga.. She started practising yoga regularly after she got diagnosed with Lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus), an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues in many parts of the body. She also suffered from Atypical hemolytic-uremic syndrome and yoga helped her fight these diseases with great mind and energies.
- She made her debut as a book author with the book ‘Pose: Yoga for working professionals.’ Some of the other book are ‘Yoga: From the Ganges to Wall Street and Standout: Yoga’ and ‘self-defense: A complete guide to self-confidence for teenage girl.’ Her main motive behind writing these books was creating awareness and educating people about the health as well spiritual benefits of yoga.
- Radhika was suffering from lupus, kidney failure, and atypical hemolytic-uremic syndrome for a few years. On 28 February 2022 she lost her battle with these diseases and died due to multiple organ failure. Her brother, Vikas Khanna, shared a heartwarming post on his Instagram account after her demise.He captioned the post as,
My soulmate left me today. March 23, 1974 – Feb 28, 2022. She fought like a champion for years with Lupus, aHUS, renal failure. But today due to multiple organ failure, my best friend passed away in my arms. Loveeeee you Radha forever & forever. RIP”
- The Michelin-starred chef also shared a video following the Instagram post and wrote,
Even when she was semi-conscious, she kept telling the Drs that she wants to go home soon and protect Viku. #MyRadha #SistersAreBlessing.”
- Various Indian celebrities expressed condolences to Vikas and his family. Kapil Sharma, Vineet Bhatia, Shabana Azmi, Neena Gupta, Aahana Kumra, and many other payed respect to the late designer by posting on Vikas’ Instagram posts. Vineet Bhatia wrote,
The pain of losing a dear one is unmatched. Her fond memories will remain forever and she will still keep protecting you from heaven. Stay strong Om shanti.”
- She was a great follower of the persian poet Rumi.