|Real Name||Raghuvir Yadav|
|Profession||Actor, Music Composer, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||25 June 1957
|Age (as in 2017)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School||Laxmi Narayan Yadav Higher Secondary School, Ranjhi, Jabalpur|
|College||National School of Drama, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||A Masters Degree in Theatre|
|Debut||Film: Massey Sahib (1985)
Kubi Matthu Iyala (1992, Kannada film)
TV: Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne (1989)
|Address||A flat in Oberoi Woods, Goregaon, Mumbai, that belongs to his girlfriend Roshni Achreja|
|Controversies||• On 19 September 2009, the Bandra family court had issued a warrant against Yadav for missing to appear to the court despite summons. He was asked to INR 20,000/month by the lower court, a sum the Bandra family court later
brought down to INR 10,000, but according to his Ex-wife, he wasn't money at all.
• In June 2010, Yadav was arrested by the police when he was travelling on a train with his girlfriend. After the arrest, he agreed to alimony to his wife.
|Favourite Actors||Dilip Kumar, Balraj Sahni|
|Favourite Film||The Threshold|
|Favourite TV Show||Ek Kiran Roshni Ki|
|Favourite Leader||Anna Hazare|
|Favourite Politician||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Roshni Achreja (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Poornima Kharga (An employee in NSD - Ex-wife, m.1988 - div.1996)
|Marriage Date||Year 1988|
|Children||Son- Achal Yadav
|Salary (as in 2014)||1.25 lakh/month (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghubir Yadav
- Does Raghubir Yadav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Raghubir Yadav drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Yadav was born into a modest family of farmers.
- He developed an interest in acting since his childhood.
- He failed in 11th standard after which he ran away from his home and joined a Parsi theatre in 1967, and worked there till 1973.
- From 1973-1974, he worked at the Rangoli Puppet Theatre in Lucknow.
- From 1977 to 1986, he worked at the National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi, where he refined his acting skills to the next level.
- He is the first Indian actor to receive the prestigious ‘Silver Peacock’ Best Actor Award at the 1987 International Film Festival of India.
- He got married to Purnima, an NSD employee in 1988 but separated in 1996 after he filed for divorce in Jabalpur, and started living with his Goregaon, Mumbai, based girlfriend Roshni.
- According to Yadav, his Ex-wife, Poornima Kharga is a Nepalese with no Indian passport. He also said that his wife is a tippler who dances for men at the Press Club.
- His girlfriend Roshni Achreja became a household name with her role as “Ritu” in Zee TV’s popular show of the 1990s ‘Banegi Apni Baat.’
- In 1989, he rose to fame with his titular character in Prakash Jha‘s cult comedy ‘Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne’, which was aired on Doordarshan TV.
- In 2001, he became kids’ favourite with his enduring character of “Chacha Chaudhary” in a TV series based on the popular Indian comic book character Chacha Chaudhary.
- In 2010, he composed and sang the MP tourism ad commercial – “MP Ajab Hai, Sabse Gajab Hai.”
- As an actor, he has done more than 70 plays and 2500 shows.
- He is a loyal supporter of ‘Aam Aadmi Party’ (AAP).
- If he wasn’t an actor, he would have been a farmer.
- Eight of his films became India’s official entry for the Oscars for the Best Foreign Language Film – Salaam Bombay, Rudaali, Lagaan, 1947 Earth, Bandit Queen, Peepli Live, Water, and Newton.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡