Rahul Chittella Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Chittella
- Rahul Chittella is an Indian film producer, scriptwriter, and director, who is known for directing the Hindi family drama film Gulmohar (2023), starring Manoj Bajpayee and Sharmila Tagore.
- While giving an interview, Rahul said that he wanted to become a scriptwriter since childhood. He further said that in school, he used to read Hindi novels and re-write the dialogues for the characters in the novels. He also used to record the dialogue on his walkman. Talking about it, he said,
It’s funny how it all began. When I was in school, we were expected to memorise our Hindi literature novels and I used to find it very difficult. Very randomly, one day, I took one of the novels (I think it was called Naya Rasta), started rewriting the text as dialogues between characters and recorded them on my Walkman. I used different voices and also played some random background music on my mini-keyboard.”
- He began working at a non-profit organisation named Global Lives Project, India as a director and executive producer in 2009.
- He later worked with the UN’s United Nations Documentary Program in New York.
- Rahul supervised the making of the script of Door to Door, a 2010 short film. He also assisted in the direction of the film.
- In September 2010, he was employed by Mirabai Films in Mumbai as a creative producer. Rahul has assisted the renowned Indian-American filmmaker Mira Nair in producing The Reluctant Fundamentalist (2012), Words with Gods (2014), Queen of Katwe (2016), and A Suitable Boy (a 2019 TV series).
- Rahul directed and wrote the screenplay for the 2011 short film Muted.
- Rahul wrote the script and directed the anthology film Shor Se Shuruaat (2016), which featured seven short stories.
- His directed 2016 short film Azaad won the Best Short Film Award at the 2017 Indian Film Festival of Houston (IFFH). The film was later shown at the World Press Freedom Day forum by the United Nations (UN) in Jakarta.
- Rahul assumed Monsoon Indiawaale Llp’s directorship on 8 June 2019.
- He was appointed as director of Cservoe International Llp on 14 October 2019.
- At Autonomous Works Llp, Rahul assumed the post of director on 12 July 2021.
- While talking about his 2023 feature film Gulmohar, Rahul Chittella said that his wife gave him the idea of making a family drama film, citing that not many producers were working on the genre. Talking about it, he said,
I had another script but no actor wanted to do it because it was a two-hero film. I was really frustrated and then my wife told me, just write a family film. That’s what sells. And that’s really the basic inception of Gulmohar. Everyone is making these action-oriented, guns- and expletive-filled films, and in the midst of all of that we have this sweet flower that’s blooming. I hope people enjoy it. It’s true that family films and human dramas are not made as much.”
- In March 2023, he appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Rahul drinks liquor occasionally.
- Rahul is an adventure sports enthusiast and likes skydiving.
- Rahul likes to travel, and he has visited numerous countries.
- His favourite films include Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Piku (2015), and Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994).