Age: 33 Years
Hometown: Amethi, Uttar Pradesh
Education: PGDM From IIM Lucknow
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||Amazon Prime Series: Comicstaan S01 (2018)
|Date of Birth||1987|
|Age (as in 2020)||33 Years|
|Hometown||Amethi, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Delhi Public School R.K.Puram, New Delhi, India|
|College/University||• Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi
• Indian Institutes of Management, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication (2005-2009)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (2012-2014) LinkedIn
|Controversy||On 31 December 2019, Prashasti posted an old picture on her Instagram account with Sidharth Malhotra, a well-known Bollywood celebrity, and addressed him as a waiter as he was wearing a formal black tuxedo with a bow. She was slammed by the fans of Sidharth as well as her own for being disrespectful to not only Sidharth but to waiters as well. Instagram
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Bharti Singh (Teacher)
|Sibling||Brother- Samyak Singh (Singer And Song-Writer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prashasti Singh
- Prashasti Singh is a famous personality among the rising comedians in India. She is a stand-up comic, writer, actor and improviser. Prashasti’s genre of comedy is ‘anecdotal comedy,’ inspired from her own experiences. She made her debut appearance on television with Amazon Prime’s Comicstaan Season 1.
- Prashasti grew up as a daddy’s girl. She also gives her father the credit of her inherited humour. She was a topper during her school and college days and always obeyed her parents until she decided to pursue a career in comedy. Initially, her mother didn’t support her decision at all, but she has grown milder with time, says Prashasti.
- After completing her graduation from Netaji Subhas the Institute of Technology, Delhi, she pursued an MBA in marketing from the Indian Institutes of Management, Lucknow.
- Prashasti began her career in the corporate sector in 2009, as a business technology analyst at Deloitte Consulting, where she worked for a year and a half. Thereafter, in 2012, she worked as a senior analyst at Dell, and later in 2013, as a marketing intern at P&G.
- Before venturing into the comedy business, she was working as a category head at Star TV Network for four years. She pursued comedy only after reaching to a point of financial stability.
- Her first steps towards the comedy business could be traced back to the time when she had started working with Star TV. Prashasti took part in an improv class ‘break the monotony of corporate life,’ where she met friends who encouraged her to try her hand at open mics.
- Being from an engineering and MBA background, Prashasti had to discard Hindi and master her communication skills in English, but her comfort zone had always been Hindi, so when comedians like Abhishek Upmanyu and Zakir Khan broke the language barriers and did stand-up comedy in Hindi, it paved a way into the comedy world for Prashasti.
My natural language is Hindi. So when these boys broke the barrier of talking in Hindi and articulating their thoughts in their preferred language, it was a big leap in my head—that thoughts are more important than language’.
- In 2018, she made her debut on ‘Comicstaan,’ an Indian stand-up comedy competition television series, and she stole the hearts of the audience. Although she didn’t win the show, she gained a loyal fan-base.
- Later, in 2018, Prashasti was a part of Amazon’s marketing campaign for the Prime Video series ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.’ Various female stand-up comedians were hired to perform a short stand-up gig, wearing the ‘Mrs. Maisel’ outfit, and promote the upcoming series.
- In 2019, Prashasti left the audience in awe when she performed at the ‘Spoken Fest 2019.’ She spoke about her parents, portraying them as ‘Superhero Aur Sidekick.’ The emotional, vulnerable, and yet funny story of Prashasti’s mother turning into a superhero when her father died, overwhelmed the audience.
- In 2020, Prashasti starred in ‘Ladies Up, Netflix’s new all-women stand-up special.