|Full Name||Rahul Sharma|
|Profession||Entrepreneur (Co-Founder of Micromax)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||14 September 1975|
|Age (as in 2017)||42 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|College/University||Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
University of Saskatchewan, Canada
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
B.Com from University of Saskatchewan, Canada
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (School Principal)
Mother- Name Not Known (Housemaker)
|Hobbies||Listening to music, riding luxurious bikes and cars, watching Formula 1 (F1 Car Race), collecting gadgets|
|Favourite Food/Cuisine||Dimsums, Caesar Salad, Japanese Cuisine|
|Favourite Destination||San Francisco|
|Favourite Actor||Hugh Jackman|
|Favourite Singers||David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Avicii, Tiesto|
|Favourite Filmmakers||Shoojit Sircar, Anurag Basu|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Asin Thottumkal, Actress
|Marriage Date||January 19, 2016|
Daughter- 1 (born October 2017)
|Car Collection||Bentley Supersports, BMW X6, Mercedes GL450, Rolls Royce Ghost Series 2|
|Net Worth||INR 1,400 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Sharma
- Does Rahul Sharma smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rahul Sharma drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rahul worked in a manufacturing company for a one-and-a-half year, before deciding to start his own business venture.
- In the year 200, Rahul, along with his neighbour, Rakesh Agarwal, and friends, Vikas and Sumeet Agarwal, founded Micromax Informatics. Initially, the company worked on low-end technology products; however, they made a breakthrough when Nokia shook hands with the company and became its partner in 2001.
- Micromax then created a frequency-conversion tool for Bharti Airtel Ltd. that allowed the latter to set up a huge network of “payphones”, a sector where BSNL and MTNL were enjoying a monopoly.
- Expanding its business, the company came up with its own cellphone that would run for a complete month on just a single charge. However, no distributor was willing to buy the phones, thus forcing the company to come up with other ideas.
- The co-founders of the company then shifted their interest towards dual-sim phones. As a result, Micromax became the first company to launch dual SIM phones with a “single baseband” in India.
- As of January 2014, Micromax boasts of selling around 2 million handsets and 80,000 tablets every month.
- In 2014, Fortune magazine named him among the 40 most influential people under the age of 40. In addition, he was bestowed with the Forbes Person of the Year (2010), and GQ Man of the Year (2013).
- Hugh Jackman, Rahul’s favourite actor, was once the brand ambassador of Micromax.
- Had Akshay Kumar not played cupid between Asin and Rahul, the two might have never been together. Notably, Asin is 10 years younger than her husband.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡