|Full Name||Om Prakash Singh|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS Officer)|
|Designations Held||• Superintendent of Police (Lucknow, Moradabad, Meerut)
• Senior Superintendent of Police (Lucknow, Moradabad, Meerut)
• Deputy Inspector General, CRPF
• Inspector General, CRPF
• Additional Director General, Central Industrial Security Force CISF
• Director General of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
• Director General of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
• Commandant of 11th Battalion of Provincial Armed Constabulary in Uttar Pradesh
• Deputy Inspector General, Moradabad
• Additional Director General, Meerut Zone
• Director General of Police, Uttar Pradesh
|Awards & Medals||• The Government of India has awarded him with the Indian Police Medal for Gallantry
• He was honoured with Indian Police Medal, Police Special Duty Medal, and Disaster Response Medal for his Meritorious Services
• He has recieved President’s Police Medal for his Distinguished Services in Indian Police
• He was also honoured by All India Council of Human Rights for his excellent strategies for Disaster Resilience
• He has accoladed by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh for his commendable policing services in Ardh Kumbh Mela at Allahabad
• He was also honoured by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh for his policing methodology in resolving a coon's age disputes between Shia & Sunni at Lucknow
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||2 January 1960|
|Age (as in 2018)||58 Years|
|Birth Place||Gaya, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Gaya, Bihar, India|
|Colleges/University||St. Xavier’s College
National Defence College
|Educational Qualification(s)||Masters Degree in Political Science
MBA in Disaster Management
MPhil degree from Madras University
|Hobbies||Reading & Singing|
|Family||Father- Shivdhari Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Prakash Singh (Doctor)
Sister- Not Known
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Salary||INR 2, 25, 000/month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About O. P. Singh
- Does O. P. Singh smoke?: No
- Does O. P. Singh drink alcohol?: No
- O. P. Singh is a 1983 Batch, Uttar Pradesh Cadre, Senior IPS Officer and headed various departments of specialised Forces such as The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), and The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), etc.
- He has been praised by the Uttar Pradesh State government for his excellent competencies in managing the massive crowded event like Kumbh Mela in Allahabad and also for his strategic policing in resolving the Shia-Sunni dispute in Lucknow.
- While being the CISF Chief, he has been praised by the Central Government, for maintaining excellent aviation security facilities at 59 airports in the country and also for ushering better security flair for specially-abled people.
- As the Director General of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), he was honoured for successfully managing the salvage operations during the natural calamity of an earthquake in the State of Jammu and Kashmir (2014), Chennai (2015), and also in our neighbouring country Nepal (2015).
- On 22 January 2018, he was appointed as the Director General of Police, (DGP), in the State of Uttar Pradesh. The decision was made by the committee, which was headed by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in response to the Union Home Ministry’s proposal for premature repatriation of Mr Singh.
- He is an ardent fan of Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar, and Mukesh and loves listening and singing their songs.
- Here is a video of his interview, in which he is telling about the contribution of CRPF.