|Full Name||Asin Thottumkal
|Nickname||Queen of Kollywood|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-32|
|Date of Birth||26 October 1985|
|Age (as in 2017)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||Navy Children School, Kochi
St. Teresa's School, Kochi
|College||St. Teresa's College, Kochi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in English Literature|
|Debut||Film: Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka (2001, Malayalam)
Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi (2003, Telugu)
M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi (2004, Tamil)
Ghajini (2008, Bollywood)
|Family||Father- Joseph Thottumkal (Ex-CBI officer, Businesses)
Mother- Seline Thottumkal (Surgeon)
|Address||A farmhouse in Mehrauli, Delhi|
|Controversies||• There were rumours that Asin and Salman Khan were so friendly at a time that they used to share expensive gifts on a frequent basis, and Salman helped her to get a flat in Mumbai.
• She was allegedly groped by a fan at a conference. Though she said that the image was morphed, the image went viral on the internet.
|Favourite Food||Kerala Style Prawn Rice, Appam|
|Favourite Perfume||Very Irresistible by Givenchy|
|Favourite Poet||William Shakespeare|
|Favourite Films||Malayalam- Kizhakkunarum Pakshi
Hollywood- The Sound of Music
|Favourite Singers||Arlissa, Keke Wyatt, Sofi Green, Maxwell, Sade, Eminem, Bon Jovi|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Red|
|Favourite Cafe||Cafe Bubble in Hotel Taj, Kochi|
|Favourite Destination||Vagamon in Kerala|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rahul Sharma (Businessman, Co-founder Micromax|
|Husband/Spouse||Rahul Sharma (Businessman, Co-founder Micromax)
|Marriage Date||23 January 2016|
Daughter- 1 (born in 2017)
|Car Collection||Audi Q7|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 4070 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asin
- Does Asin smoke?: No
- Does Asin drink alcohol?: No
- Asin was born into a Malayali Syro-Malabar Catholic family.
- She was initially named “Mary” after her paternal grandmother, but her father named her Asin.
- The name “Asin” comes from the amalgamation of two words from two languages, she says, ‘a’ means ‘opposite of’ in Sanskrit and ‘sin’ is taken from English, which made her name ‘Asin’, which means ‘opposite to sin’.
- She started learning Bharatnatyam at the tender age of 3. She is also a good Kathakali and folk dancer.
- During her schooling, she was good at both studies and extracurricular activities.
- She scored above 90% in 10th standard board exams.
- Asin used to read Shakespeare at a very young age, even though her parents did not approve of her reading such complicated works at such a young age.
- She is fluent in French and even topped her State in French while studying in 12th standard.
- She started modelling at the age of 14, and by that time she started getting film offers, but she wasn’t interested in doing films at that time.
- Her first advertisement was for BPL Mobile.
- Though she wanted to go to Delhi to prepare for the Civil Service examination, during her 12th standard, her film career kicked-off with the Malayalam film, ‘Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka’ (2001), opposite Kunchacko Boban.
- She hates to be called with pet or nicknames.
- Asin suffers from OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), which urges her to do things like washing her hands repeatedly, checking lock more than once.
- She doesn’t eat her food until her shot gets completed.
- She is fluent in 7 languages – Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, English and French.
- She is a voracious reader, she reads a lot of fiction and has a huge library at home.
- Her husband is 10 years older than her.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡