|Full name||Rajangad Bawa Raj Bawa - Instagram|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman and Bowler)|
|Famous for||Holding the record for the highest individual score by an Indian in the U19 World Cup at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad and Tobago in 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||ODI- 2 December 2021 against Bangladesh at Kolkata|
|Jersey Number||# 12 (India)|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Left-arm fast-medium|
|Record||He made 162 runs on 108 balls in the Under-19 Men's Cricket World Cup match against Uganda. It became the highest individual score by an Indian batter in the U19 World Cup and surpassed Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan's record who scored 155 runs against Scotland in the 2004 tournament.|
|Date of Birth||12 November 2004 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||17 Years|
|Birthplace||Nahan, Himachal Pradesh|
|School||DAV Public School, Chandigarh|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sukhwinder Singh Bawa (Cricket coach)
Mother- Not Known
|Other Relatives||Grandfather: Tarlochan Singh Bawa (Hockey player)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Bawa
- Raj Bawa is an Indian cricketer who is known for making the record of the highest individual score of 162 runs by an Indian in the U19 Cricket World Cup at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad and Tobago on 23 January 2022. He made a partnership with Angkrish Raghuvanshi who scored 144 runs.
- Before him, the same record was made by Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan who scored 155 runs against Scotland in the 2004 tournament.
- In the U19 Cricket World Cup 2022, he took four wickets against South Africa in the first match of the World Cup Tournament.
- While he was growing up, he was more interested in dance and theatre. According to him, his love for cricket started when he visited Dharamshala stadium with his father.
- His father saw him bowling for the first time at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Gurugram. He was eleven years old at that time and took five wickets in the first match.
- Raj’s grandfather, Tarlochan Singh Bawa, was a member of the Indian Hockey team that won the 1948 Olympic Games in the United Kingdom. In an interview, he talked about his grandfather and said,
I don’t have many fond memories of my grandfather because I was a kid when he died. But I have heard his stories from my grandmother and my father, which will stay with me forever.”
- His father Sukhvinder Bawa is a coach of many Indian cricket players like Yuvraj Singh and pacer VRV Singh. His father used to play hockey for Haryana junior team and in 1988, he was even selected for the India U-19 camp but due to a slipped disc injury, at the age of 22, he became a coach. In an interview, Raj talked about his father and said,
My father knew about my cricket. He somehow knew that fast bowling came naturally to me, so he wanted to focus on my batting. Initially, I was focused only on batting and started bowling off-spin.”
- Raj bowls with his right arm but is a left-handed batsman. In an interview, he said that he changed his batting stance after watching Yuvraj Singh. He idolises Yuvraj and has the same jersey number as his. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I picked up No 12 because of several reasons. My late grandfather’s birthday is on February 12. My idol Yuvraj also used to wear jersey No 12, as his birthday is on December 12. I celebrate my birthday on November 12.”
- The BCCI tweeted about Raj’s performance in the Cricket World Cup 2022 and wrote.
All Over: Yet another comprehensive victory for India U19 as they beat Uganda U19 by a massive 326 runs in their final Group B game.
— BCCI (@BCCI) January 22, 2022