Unmukt Chand Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Height: 5' 7"
Age: 28 Years
|Full Name||Unmukt Bharat Chand Thakur|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- N/A
|International Retirement||On 13 August 2021, he announced his retirement from all formats of international cricket. Hindustan Times|
|Jersey Number||#10 (India U-19)|
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, Rajasthan Royals, North Zone cricket team, Mumbai Indians, Delhi Daredevils|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Records/Achievements||• While Unmukt was playing for Delhi for the first time in 2010, he scored 435 runs wherein he hit 2 centuries and 1 half century.
• While playing against Railways in 2010-11 Ranji Trophy, he stunned everyone with his knock of 151 on the deadly seaming track against an aggressive bowling line-up.
• During the second warm-up One Day match against West Indies in October 2014, he hit 101 runs off just 111 deliveries.
• In the 2012 Under-19 World Cup final against Australia, he hit 111 runs while chasing 226.
|Date of Birth||26 March 1993|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|School||Delhi Public School, Noida
Modern School, Barakhamba Road
|College/ University||St. Stephen's College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Family||Father- Bharat Chand Thakur (Teacher)
Mother- Rajeshwari Chand (Teacher)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Samragyi Chand
|Hobbies||Swimming, Listening to Music, Writing Diary, Playing football|
|Sports outside cricket||Swimming|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marriage Date||21 November 2021
|Wife||Simran Khosla (fitness trainer)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Unmukt Chand
- Unmukt started playing cricket at a tender of 6 and says his family and uncle began seriously thinking about a career for him in cricket when he was just 10.
- He was in 9th standard when he moved school from Delhi Public School to Modern School based on his extraordinary academic skills, excellent performance in written test and his skills in swimming.
- He has been conferred two awards namely; Castrol Junior Cricketer of the Year for 2011-12 and CEAT Indian youngster of the year 2012.
- Chand became the youngest player to play in the IPL when Delhi Daredevils signed him for the 2012 season of the tournament.
- Unmukt loves reading dictionaries and is fond of writing the diary every day. He has also published a book The Sky is the Limit- My Journey to the World Cup (2013). The book tells about his early life, how he rose as a cricketer, how to came to represent his country, how he lead the team and bring home the coveted trophy. The victory was India U-19 team’s first world cup win outside Asia.
- On 13 August 2021, he took to Twitter to announce his retirement from Indian cricket. In an emotional post on Twitter, he wrote that he was open to “better opportunities around the world.”
T1- On to the next innings of my life #JaiHind🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/fEEJ9xOdlt
— Unmukt Chand (@UnmuktChand9) August 13, 2021
- After announcing his retirement from all formats of international cricket, he signed a deal with Silicon Valley Strikers for the 2021 season of the Minor League Cricket (MLC) in the United States. On 14 August 2021, he made his debut for the Strikers against the Socal Lashings at the Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Complex in a Toyota Minor League Cricket Championship where he was out on a three-ball duck.