Age: 39 Years
Education: 10th Standard
Wife: Hazel Keech
|Full Name||Yuvraj Singh Bhundel|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 16 October 2003 vs New Zealand at Mohali
ODI- 3 October 2000vs Kenya at Nairobi
T20- 13 September 2007 vs Scotland at Durban
|Last Match||Test- India v England at Kolkata, December 5-9, 2012
ODI- West Indies v India at North Sound, June 30, 2017
T20- India v England at Bengaluru, February 1, 2017
|International Retirement||10 June 2019 (from all formats)|
|Jersey Number||#12 (India)
#12 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team(s)||• Delhi Daredevils
• India A
• Kings XI Punjab
• Pune Warriors
• Royal Challengers Bangalore
• Sunrisers Hyderabad
|Coach/Mentor||Sukhwinder Singh alias Bawa|
|Bowling Style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Records (Main Ones)||• The first player to hit six 6's in an over in a T20 match. He did it in the 2007 T20 World Cup against England in Stuart Broad's over.
• Fastest T20 fifty by scoring it in 12 balls against England national cricket team during the 2007 ICC World Twenty20.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2012: Arjuna Award
2014: Padma Shri
|Date of Birth||12 December 1981|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|School||DAV Public School, Sector 8, Chandigarh|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||10th standard|
|Address||Block-A of DLF City (Phase 1), Gurugram, Haryana|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, Watching Films|
|Tattoo||A tattoo with Roman “XII” on his right-hand bicep
|Controversy||On 10 June 2019, while announcing his retirement from international cricket, he attracted controversy by making a comment on BCCI's Yo-Yo Test. He said- "I’ve a lot to tell about Yo-Yo Test but I’ll not say anything now to create any controversy as Team India in World Cup."|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Kim Sharma (Actress)
• Deepika Padukone (Actress, rumour)
• Riya Sen (Actress, rumour)
• Preity Zinta (Actress, rumour)
• Leepakshi (Fashion Designer, rumour)
• Hazel Keech (Actress)
|Marriage Date||30 November 2016|
|Wife/Spouse||Hazel Keech, Actress (2016-present)
|Parents||Father- Yograj Singh (Actor, Former Cricketer & Coach)
Mother- Shabnam Singh
Stepmother- Neena Bundhel (Punjabi actress and model)
Brother- Zoravar Singh (Actor)
Stepbrother- Victor Yograj Singh (Punjabi actor)
Stepsister- Amarjeet Kaur (Tennis Player)
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting, and Chris Gayle|
|Food||Kadhi-Chawal, Gobhi Ka Paratha, Chinese Cuisines|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Book(s)||The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
|Cars Collection||Lamborghini Murcielago, Bentley Continental, Porsche 911, BMW M5, BMW M3 Convertible, Mercedes Benz S-Class, Audi Q5, BMW 3 Series
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yuvraj Singh
- Does Yuvraj Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his childhood, Yuvraj was very fond of roller-skating and tennis and even won the National U-14 Roller Skating Championship. However, his father threw his skating medal; as he wanted him to concentrate on Cricket.
- His father, Yograj Singh is a former Indian fast bowler and a popular actor of Punjabi films.
- In his childhood, he appeared as a child actor in two Punjabi films- Putt Sardara & Mehndi Sajna Di.
- After receiving his basic training in cricket in Punjab, he was sent to Mumbai for further training at the Elf-Vengsarkar Cricket Academy.
- In the U-19 Cooch Behar Trophy final in December 1999, he scored a triple hundred (358 off 404 balls) against Bihar. Interestingly, MS Dhoni was a part of the Bihar team in this match.
- After his parents’ divorce, he decided to stay with his mother.
- He believes number 12 to be his lucky number.
- The first paycheck that Yuvraj had got after playing International Cricket was 21 lakh (INR), which he handed over to his mother to buy a house.
- In the 2007 ICC T20 World Cup, he created history by hitting six 6’s against England in Stuart Broad’s over.
- After Sachin Tendulkar, he is the only Indian player to be signed by the English county team Yorkshire.
- After the 2011 World Cup, the shocking news came that he had lung cancer, he stayed strong and went through chemotherapy and came back fit and fine.
- He was the most expensive player in the IPL 2014 and 2015 auctions. (14 Crore & 16 Crore INR respectively).
- Yuvraj performed as a voice artist in the Bollywood animated film “Jumbo“.
- He considers Sachin Tendulkar as his role model.
- A tattoo with Roman “XII” on his left-hand bicep.
- In 2012, he founded YouWeCan for cancer patients.
- In 2013, he released his autobiography The Test of My Life: From Cricket to Cancer and Back.
- On 10 June 2019, he announced his retirement from international cricket. He played 40 Tests, 304 ODIs, and 58 T20Is for India. He put together 1900 runs in the longest format, and 8701 in the one-dayers.