|Real Name||Raj Shrikant Thackeray but born as Swararaj Shrikant Thackeray|
|Profession||Indian Politician and Illustrator|
|Political Party||Maharashtra Navnirman Sena|
|Political Journey||• Raj Thackeray had been in his Uncle's Party, Shiv Sena until January 2006.|
• On 9 March 2006 in Mumbai, Thackeray founded a new party named "Maharashtra Navnirman Sena".
• Thackeray has been the president of the Party since then.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg|
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||14 June 1968|
|Age (as in 2017)||49 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|School||Bal Mohan Vidya Mandir School, Dadar, Mumbai|
|College||Sir Jamsetjee Jeejeebhoy School of Art, University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Shrikant Thackeray|
Mother- Kunda Thackeray
Uncle- Bal Thackeray
Cousins- Uddhav Thackeray,
Jaidev Thackeray, Bindumadhav Thackeray
|Hobbies||Playing Musical Instruments and Writing Blogs|
|Major Controversies||• In early 2008, Raj Thackeray led a violent movement in Maharashtra against the dominance of North Indians(especially against UP and Bihar).|
• His party along with Shiv Sena banned Australian cricketers participating in IPL 3 from playing in Mumbai as a protest against the attacks on Indian students in Australia.
• In September 2008, MNS workers started blackening English signboards to enforce Marathi signboards to be used.
• In 2008, Raj Thackeray threatened to ban all Bachchan films unless Jaya apologized (Jaya said that we are the people of UP so we will speak Hindi, not Marathi) in a public forum for hurting Maharashtrians. MNS workers started to attack theaters featuring films affiliated to her.It was only after Amitabh apologized for it.
• On 2 October 2009, MNS workers disrupted the screening of the film Wake Up Sid on its release in a few Pune and Mumbai theaters after Thackeray objected to references in the movie to "Bombay" rather than "Mumbai". Mumbai was referred to as "Bombay" in many scenes.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Amit Thackeray|
Daughter- Urvashi Thackeray
|Net Worth (approx.)||50 Crore INR|