|Raj Shrikant Thackeray but born as Swararaj Shrikant Thackeray
|Indian Politician and Illustrator
|Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)
|• Raj Thackeray had been in his Uncle's Party, Shiv Sena until January 2006.
• On 9 March 2006 in Mumbai, Thackeray founded a new party named "Maharashtra Navnirman Sena".
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth
|14 June 1968
|Age (as of 2023)
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Bal Mohan Vidya Mandir School, Dadar, Mumbai
|Sir Jamsetjee Jeejeebhoy School of Art, University of Mumbai
|Father- Shrikant Thackeray
Mother- Kunda Thackeray
Uncle- Bal Thackeray
Cousins- Uddhav Thackeray,
Jaidev Thackeray, Bindumadhav Thackeray
|Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP)
|Playing Musical Instruments and Writing Blogs
|• In early 2008, Raj Thackeray led a violent movement in Maharashtra against the dominance of North Indians(especially against UP and Bihar).
• His party along with Shiv Sena banned Australian cricketers participating in IPL 3 from playing in Mumbai as a protest against the attacks on Indian students in Australia.
• In September 2008, MNS workers started blackening English signboards to enforce Marathi signboards to be used.
• In 2008, Raj Thackeray threatened to ban all Bachchan films unless Jaya apologized (Jaya said that we are the people of UP so we will speak Hindi, not Marathi) in a public forum for hurting Maharashtrians. MNS workers started to attack theaters featuring films affiliated to her.It was only after Amitabh apologized for it.
• On 2 October 2009, MNS workers disrupted the screening of the film Wake Up Sid on its release in a few Pune and Mumbai theaters after Thackeray objected to references in the movie to "Bombay" rather than "Mumbai". Mumbai was referred to as "Bombay" in many scenes.
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Son- Amit Thackeray
Daughter- Urvashi Thackeray
|Net Worth (approx.)
|50 Crore INR
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Thackeray
- Does Raj Thackeray smoke?: Not Known
- Does Raj Thackeray drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Raj Thackeray is the son of Shrikant Thackeray, younger brother of Bal Thackeray. His Mother Kunda Thackeray also is the younger sister of Bal Thackeray’s wife Meena Thackeray.
- As a child, he learned the tabla, the guitar, and the violin.
- After resigning from Shiv Sena in 2006, Thackeray stated that he does not want to have hostilities with his uncle who “was, is and always will be (his) mentor”.
- Raj Thackeray always remains in controversies for his activities. Once Raj labeled Chhath Puja, a festival popular in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Jharkhand calling it a “drama” and a “show of numerical strength”. He stated that the Chhath Puja was a political gimmick by some parties to attract the north Indian vote.